Fleece seat cover or Bead Rider?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alaska Leather sells nice sheepskin covers. I like them year round. FJR is medium for the main seat and pillion 2 for the passenger. Wouldn't leave home without one.

I have an ample posterior and I still don't have enough cushion to sit on the beads for any time at all. I don't know how people use them.

I bought a sheepskin, from Alaska something-or-other, and it is comfortable, but really didn't feel any better than my Russell as it is, so I don't use it.

So, I'd say that a good seat makes the difference.

OPer here. I was moving forward with Bead Rider - but, I discovered, since I have a custom leather seat (Rich's Seats), they don't make a size big enough or shaped right for the seat. So... I am heading out in a week for 11 days from Seattle to Yellowstone (hot, long days in the saddle) and will take my fleece cover and try it for a day or two and see how it fairs in the heat. If I don't like it... in the bag it goes. It feels counter intuitive the fleece would be good for the heat... but we will see.

Cheers. Thanks for the posts.

How did your fleece cover do in the heat?
Very well. It insulates you from the stored heat in the seat. Its also nice and comfy. I have a leather seat - and they are a lot cooler than the vinyl for sure. But, can still get a bit hot. The fleece worked well. My riding buds made fun of me though.
coolsmiley02.gif

How did your fleece cover do in the heat?
Very well. It insulates you from the stored heat in the seat. Its also nice and comfy. I have a leather seat - and they are a lot cooler than the vinyl for sure. But, can still get a bit hot. The fleece worked well. My riding buds made fun of me though.
coolsmiley02.gif
You mean that you have the fleece cover with the gel inside,like the saddlemen: https://www.saddlemen.com/saddlegel%E2%84%A2-comfort-pad-fleece-covered-large-universal

Or something like that?

Last edited by a moderator: