flexable boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Anyone have knowledge of riding boots with flexable soles? Kind of like tennis shoe flexable to really feel pegs and shifter. All the newer boots seem to have stiff lowers and soles. Had a pair made in Italy, after 30yrs the stitching and all was coming apart so had to trash them.

goto "www.newenough.com" and send an email/message to "apparel support".

Aaron is the contact and he is very helpful on questions like this

it's a great company to do business with...located in Texas

There are several "sport/street/touring" style boots out there. They won't offer as much protection as the larger and harder riding boots. But, if you want flexible and easy walking shoes/boots without having to change after arriving, they are a good option. I've used the Shift boots linked below, and although they were good, I prefer the TXC boots for fit and comfort and the AlpineStar for a bit higher cut.

Here are a few:

TCX X-Square

Sidi Doha

AlpineStar Mille

Shift Fuel

Call Brian at AtomicMoto.com. the guy is a great help and will not steer you wrong. I wear Diadoras and love them. I can wear them all day. Only like $130 bucks too.

One of these subjective type Q&A's, but here is the route I went:

Alpinestar Roam.

- Very quick on and off which for my purposes was a big plus (commuting).

- Very comfortable, just completed an eleven day 4500 mile trip and I should not have even taken camp shoes. I did everything in them without issue.

- Waterproof, good for the Northwest.

- Decent feel, but then my old boots were very clunky

- All Velcro fasteners which I like

- I think it tends to be a bit warm on hot days, but very cozy on cool days.

One of these subjective type Q&A's, but here is the route I went:

Alpinestar Roam.

- Very quick on and off which for my purposes was a big plus (commuting).

- Very comfortable, just completed an eleven day 4500 mile trip and I should not have even taken camp shoes. I did everything in them without issue.

- Waterproof, good for the Northwest.

- Decent feel, but then my old boots were very clunky

- All Velcro fasteners which I like

- I think it tends to be a bit warm on hot days, but very cozy on cool days.
Gunny! I have a set of A-Stars Roam boots I use for commuting. I really like my A-Stars SMX-5 boots too. But they are not flexy. ;)

Anyone have knowledge of riding boots with flexable soles? Kind of like tennis shoe flexable to really feel pegs and shifter. Had a pair made in Italy, after 30yrs the stitching and all was coming apart so had to trash them.

There are several "sport/street/touring" style boots out there.

TCX X-Square
Have them and love them. Flexible, comfortable, great feel on the pegs and shifter, and they breath nicely as well. Also, made in Italy.

I have been wearing the Alpinstar Ridge boot, similar to the Roam in construction, waterproof and CE certified, but lower. It comes just above the ankle. I can ride in these and walk all day. A little hot in the warm weather is the only complaint. I still think CE protection certification is still something to look for as a minimum level of protection.

945601727_03700afffa.jpg

Mark values dry feet over style. He makes the rainbow warriors proud!
I'd say "**** you Bob"...but that would be entirely inappropriate...

...but just how embarrassed are you gonna be when I kick your ass wearing these boots, eh? ;)

BTW, for you outsiders, I'm jes kidding with my buddy Bob, 'kay. I'll step out of this thread that I've already soiled.

Now if I could jes find some boots...

Last edited by a moderator:
These are what I wear in the summer. I did walk on them for 10 hrs a day and they are comfortable as hell. I did not like the Toe Sliders and they pop right off.

I do wear the hell out of them.

AlpinStars SMX2

I like the look of these but have not seen them in person.

Alpinestars S-MX1

You give up good ankle protection on any low cut boot.