floor boards for FJR 1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ameastbay

Reaction score
Hello FJR Riders,

I have been reading post and just getting to know the lay of the land. I ride a RoadStar and a member of the DELPHI FORUM. I love my RoadStar and looking at the FJR as a serious toruing bike. Roadstar is a nice bike but not really a long distance bike.

I have a question? I noticed the FJR has foot pegs for the rider and passanger. I have done Iron Butts and love my long distance riding. Do they make Floor Boards for the rider and passanger for the FJR 1300. Seems to me for longer rides a floorboard would be nice to rest the OLD FEET during long rides. Perhaps I am wrong and the foot pegs are fine on the FJR 1300. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Tony

IIRC some one made floorboards for the passenger, Don't recall FB for the rider. I've never had them so I can't imagine having them on my FJR.

IIRC some one made floorboards for the passenger, Don't recall FB for the rider. I've never had them so I can't imagine having them on my FJR.
+1, there was a guy who mounted floorboards for his wife to use as the passenger... can't say as I've ever seen anyone mount them for the rider. Wild Bill's highway pegs seem to be a popular alternative for getting some leg extension versus the stock pegs.

Bikes with floor boards have very limited ground clearance.

harelydemotivator.jpg

Just say "NO" to floor boards!

Poor Road King.

I wonder if that guy has a helmet on, or if he's a cranium scraper....ouch !

Bikes with floor boards have very limited ground clearance.

Ehmmm ... Might be more to do with the design and frame ground clearance of the bike and not the actual floorboard ;) . Besides, most floorboards fold up just like our pegs when you scape 'em. :p

If you are going for distance .... don't knock floorboards until you try 'em. Also a happy and comfy S/O rider is a lovin' S/O rider .. hint hint ... so a big +1 for pax boards if you tour 2 up.

I just put passenger boards on for my wife. Made by a skilled craftsman right here on the board. I think he will start selling these very soon. I can't find the thread right now ... just search for passenger boards.

BTW - Wife loves em. I used em during a recent SS ride. They allow you to strecth a bit by placing your heel on the passenger board and your toes on the rider peg. Much needed after 10 hours or so.