Floorboards Advice

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poida-12

Reaction score
Gday guys

I ride a Gen II machine and i'm after some advice on passenger floorboards. Please forgive me if this topic has been done before but a passenger is something i've never had to think about before and it will be a big drama to return stuff to the USA from Australia if it doesn't work out....

There are plenty of footboards on the market, are there any that I should be looking at closely and some I should avoid?

Can you simply replace replace your footpegs with aftermarket floorboards or do you need some sort of adapter?

I did a search and I see that there was a group buy some time back, does this guy still make them?

Any advice would be appreciated

cheers

Pete

Don't do it :D

Sorry it's not the advice you were looking for. I know I've seen some posts about all sorts of Hardley style mods some people have done...

Try using Google Search using the string below:

floorboards site:fjrforum.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look here and here and here

Dave produces not only functional but aesthetically pleasing farkles for the FJR, they are the best thing you can spend your money on :clapping:

Don

Gday guys

I ride a Gen II machine and i'm after some advice on passenger floorboards. Please forgive me if this topic has been done before but a passenger is something i've never had to think about before and it will be a big drama to return stuff to the USA from Australia if it doesn't work out....

There are plenty of footboards on the market, are there any that I should be looking at closely and some I should avoid?

Can you simply replace replace your footpegs with aftermarket floorboards or do you need some sort of adapter?

I did a search and I see that there was a group buy some time back, does this guy still make them?

Any advice would be appreciated

cheers

Pete
Passenger floorboards, CLICKY

Thanks,

Dave

Once upon a time, I received the measurements for these boards from the original maker. A friend of mine cut 3 sets of these floorboards for me. I went to the hardware store & bought some non skid material & put it on mine. I mounted them to my bike & they look great. They're likely not as finished looking as the original maker's boards... but they are fully functional & I have received great feedback on them. I gave the other 2 sets away... well, I SAY that... but I haven't actually sent the one set out to their owner, yet. I need to do that.

Once upon a time, I received the measurements for these boards from the original maker. A friend of mine cut 3 sets of these floorboards for me. I went to the hardware store & bought some non skid material & put it on mine. I mounted them to my bike & they look great. They're likely not as finished looking as the original maker's boards... but they are fully functional & I have received great feedback on them. I gave the other 2 sets away... well, I SAY that... but I haven't actually sent the one set out to their owner, yet. I need to do that.
2841185030086768460S600x600Q85.jpg

The bolt to the stock peg, you simply remove the rubber panels and replace them with the boards. I used 1/4 stainless steel philips flat head bolts 1" long with nylon lock nuts. Removing the loctited bolts from the stock rubber pads was the hardest part.

Glue non slip tread on top.