Florida Gathering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I m in for sure. I am in Orlando so let me know if I can do anything to help.

Sounds good to me, just moved to Daytona from SC.
WHY :huh: you left good roads to come to flat and boring FL. I made that kind of horrible mistake just over a year ago now, and am still suffering...
As one of my Pennsylvania friends put it, "Florida's so flat, you can stand on a dime and see both coasts" - and yes, she went back to Pennsylvania.

My reason is my job, I travel the country doing health care construction projects. I have a toy hauler and keep two of my bikes with me. My hope is to create a home base in the blue ridge mountains some day. I lived in Morganton, NC on Hwy 181 and loved that place. Wish I could have stayed for another project. Home base presently is Jacksonville, AL. I don't see it much though, my job has been keeping me on the coast. "Home" is where I'm working at the moment.

SC was flat too, I was in Murrels Inlet..... The place has some roads that you can open up on and play, the farms and low lands are nice. No real curves though and way too HOT. Many days were spent riding home with the temp read out over 100 degress.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to come but unless its mid nov. or later I'll have to pass. Gonna be over seas for the next couple months.

This is just putting a feeler out. How much of an interest would you have in a Florida Gathering. Thinking Orlando area. That area has some decent roads and great lodging choices. Would be open to all makes and models. Just an opportunity to meet, inspect farkles, drink and have fun. Would try to set up some discounted rates and T-shirts. This would be kept simple. Would shoot for a Fall date and hope for cool weather. DISCUSS!! :)
Sounds good to me. Lets do it. Let us know the details. Roadhammer

I'm in! Live 1 hour away in Lakeland .You guys are right about the roads .Very few around these parts. Clermont /Howie area has a couple nice ones . N.C.? Very Nice :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just putting a feeler out. How much of an interest would you have in a Florida Gathering. Thinking Orlando area. That area has some decent roads and great lodging choices. Would be open to all makes and models. Just an opportunity to meet, inspect farkles, drink and have fun. Would try to set up some discounted rates and T-shirts. This would be kept simple. Would shoot for a Fall date and hope for cool weather. DISCUSS!! :)
Yea that sounds like a cool idea! I'm 2 hrs west from Orlando.

Here is one leisurely ride proposal:

- From Orlando, take 441 north to Ocala

- From Ocala ride east on State Road 40 through Ocala National Forest to US1

- Ride US1 South to Titusville

- From Titusville take State Road 50 West back to Orlando.

:)

Discuss...

HEY - WATCH IT!
Did JamesK give you permission to take a shot at me?

-BD
Damn BD, just noticed your signature, I just did more miles in 12 days than you've done in 3 years. Pretty soon your '05 will be worth more than my '07 :blink:
OUCH! I guess you did give him permission.

Sorry I missed the ride today. At least I stopped to say hi. Are we riding tomorrow??

-BD

very cool! I'm just an hour outside of Orlando but I avoid Orlando because of the traffic. You might want to look at staying on the outside of town to the North or west so you can get to some decent roads in a reasonable time. i think the best Central Fl roads are just North of Tampa up to Floral City and then over to Ocala. I'm game...