Flush mount signals for 03 FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff (BikeEffects) has them on his '03. You might check the vendors section and see if the discount info and his store are still listed/pinned.

Is there any way to mount the newer style (later years) to my 03? I am guessing it should work and not be too difficult. Anyone done it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way to mount the newer style (later years) to my 03? I am guessing it should work and not be too difficult. Anyone done it?

Not sure about adding the Gen II signal lights to the '03, but in regards to the "flush mount" aftermarket lights, I'd be concerned with oncoming drivers seeing the signal lights.

Is there any way to mount the newer style (later years) to my 03? I am guessing it should work and not be too difficult.
Not unless you modify (cut and then fabricate plastic onto) the two lower panels of the fairing. Look at the pictures of all models from 2004 to present -- the plastic of the fairing is molded to form the rear of the signal light pocket, with the lens molded to fit against that pocket. The '03 has no such molded-in pocket, with the stems for a simple signal light pod attaching directly to an otherwise plain fairing surface.

If money is no object, it might be possible to buy both side fairing lowers from an '04 or '05, paint to match your bike's color and do it that way. I suspect, but am not sure, that the fairing lowers of an '04 or '05 will mate with the frame mounting points and upper fairing parts of an '03.

Is there any way to mount the newer style (later years) to my 03? I am guessing it should work and not be too difficult.
Not unless you modify (cut and then fabricate plastic onto) the two lower panels of the fairing. Look at the pictures of all models from 2004 to present -- the plastic of the fairing is molded to form the rear of the signal light pocket, with the lens molded to fit against that pocket. The '03 has no such molded-in pocket, with the stems for a simple signal light pod attaching directly to an otherwise plain fairing surface.

If money is no object, it might be possible to buy both side fairing lowers from an '04 or '05, paint to match your bike's color and do it that way. I suspect, but am not sure, that the fairing lowers of an '04 or '05 will mate with the frame mounting points and upper fairing parts of an '03.
Fairings on Gen I bikes ('04 & '05 have signals molded into the fairing rather than the stalk mounted marker/signal of the '03) should interchange. You may have to change the plug to match or make your own. A repaint to "Liquid Silver" and you're good to go!