Fog Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sotonek

Reaction score
Hello, I was thinking of adding a couple of fog lights to my 2013 FJR and was wondering if anybody knows if there is an Aux port connection I could wire into and would you know where its located on the bike?

Thanks in advance

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
You would need to add wiring to support them, there's little excess current capacity in the stock wiring. Best option is to add a power distribution block, which would provide fused and (typically) switched circuits for multiple accessories, although if you only plan this one modification, you could wire it thru a switch and a fuse directly to the battery.

Hello, I was thinking of adding a couple of fog lights to my 2013 FJR and was wondering if anybody knows if there is an Aux port connection I could wire into and would you know where its located on the bike?
Not that anybody has found and used for something with substantial current draw like auxiiary lights...including LEDs. While you could add to the existing lights...you're playing smoke-check-the-fuse roulette.

Recent discussion about trigger wires and relays. And we pin websites that add things like power distribution blocks.

Most of us add a fuse block for multiple power options. That way you can power lights, GPS, heated gear, etc., etc. without the battery looking like an octopus. If you're looking for a single power source, a simple 30A relay is a frugal solution.

--G

Thanks in advance

Ken

You use the term "fog lights"? Are you looking for aux. lights for night riding and fog conditions or lights to be more conspicuous? If the latter, you can use low drawl LED's and wire them direct to the battery with a relay. I have Denali DM's wired direct and tapped into the blue tail light wire for a switched source. The DM's are inexpensive and you will be seen!!

Thanks all for the response, Just looking to add (2) 10Watt Cree fog lamps just to be seen by others and I like the way they look. I read all the responses and appreciate all the feedback. I think coming off the battery is the way I will go I don't plan on adding any other devices at the moment. You guys are great!!!!

Ken

@Ken - At minimum, make sure you add a properly fused relay that is only energized with key on. With that, you won't come back to a dead battery!

--G

Edit - Check out Canyon Chasers for relay tips.