Fogging face shield prevention

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh, getting back to face shield fogging stuff. . . :dribble: . .I really like my Shoei Multitec. Not interested in buying another helmet so I can have a pinlock. And I'd LOVE to put fogging problems behind me. Anybody know if you can get a pinlock system for this helmet? Would it interfere with opening and closing either the face shield or the chin bar? Know of a good supplier or website that would carry such a thing, if it exists? Thanks.
Mike, the MultiTec uses the standard Shoei CX-1V shield just like most models before it. I had such bad fogging issues with my MultiTec that a Pinlock was absolutely necessary up here in the PNWet. I purchased my Pinlock products at local dealers...so I didn't do the 'net.

Here's a linky from NewEnough

--G

Uh, getting back to face shield fogging stuff. . . :dribble: . .I really like my Shoei Multitec. Not interested in buying another helmet so I can have a pinlock. And I'd LOVE to put fogging problems behind me. Anybody know if you can get a pinlock system for this helmet? Would it interfere with opening and closing either the face shield or the chin bar? Know of a good supplier or website that would carry such a thing, if it exists? Thanks.

You need a CX-1V Pinlock ready visor, then the Pinlock DKS002C Lens if you want clear.

Both are readily available on ebaY. Your visor appears to be the same as those used on the discontinued RF 1000 & X-11 helmets.

Thanks for the feedback ! Can the shields be purchased with the inserts installed ? Or is it

just a matter of getting the shield with the pins already installed,then put the insert in ?

Thanks again.
The Pinlock shields and inserts are sold separately, so yes, you must install the insert. Depending on where you find them, the combo runs about $70.

--G

I also have the pinlock its the way to go. I also tried other sprays, spit, soap on the lens and any thing else. I didn't try the goat piss maybe I would have. I ride every day an the pinlock is the only way to go imo

Fogging face shield prevention Any good tips or secrets?
Pinlocks and breath deflectors are both effective, IME.

As an emergency de-fogger: a spring-loaded clothes-pin, clipped to the bottom of your face shield, will prevent it from closing completely (and fogging).

May be a life saver (literally)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad they dont make it for the Sy-Max II... I would have bought it....

From Pinlock website

Pinlock is currently not available for the following helmets: SyMax II, IS-16 and IS-Max.

Last edited by a moderator:
RF1000 loves the Pinlock systems !

Huge difference !

Have a clear shield with both smoke and clear masks. Takes less than 2 minutes to swap them when this sun go down.

Thanks for the feedback ! Can the shields be purchased with the inserts installed ? Or is it

just a matter of getting the shield with the pins already installed,then put the insert in ?

Thanks again.
The Pinlock shields and inserts are sold separately, so yes, you must install the insert. Depending on where you find them, the combo runs about $70.

--G
I would add that when I ordered my kit, I received the shield, with pins pre-installed (I needed a new clear shield anyway), and then the insert in it's own packaging. The pins are elliptical, so when you fit the insert and notice the gasket not sealing, simply twist the pins a bit until you reach a complete seal.

I've not had much trouble with the clear insert at night, going home from work...you quickly adjust to the slightly different appearance of oncoming headlights.

I'm another VERY satisfied Pinlock user here in the Pacific North Wet. I've tried all kinds of smear on goop and the Respo Foggy mask. All were only of limited effectiveness. The Pinlock rocks! :yahoo: I had my first one on a Shoei RF900 helmet and my Nolan N103 came with one. It is so effective that I won't buy a helmet that I can't get a pinlock for.

As has been mentioned, there is some glaring/ghosting at night with oncoming headlights but I found that I quickly got used to it and hardly notice it anymore. And my commute is in the dark both ways.

Surprised no one has mentioned Hock-Pooie.

Worked great on scuba mask when I used to snorkel, when I lived in a place with an ocean and coral reefs.

Anyone want to volunteer to be the beta tester.

;)