Foot enlargement..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scoobyvroom

Reaction score
Alright I don't know about you guys but I get sick and tired of having to try to put something under that tiny ass kickstand foot of the FJR. You pull up realize you are on some soft soil. O.k. dig the foot pad thing out of the glove box reach down while trying to keep the bike up then you don't get it in the right spot so you have to kick it over to where you want it. Then when you leave you forget about it..

How is it that my SV has a foot roughly twice as big and weights 2/3 of the FJR.

Anyway, on to the solution. I don't think I have seen this anywhere, if I'm stealing somebodys thunder let me know.

Tada.

FootFinal.jpg

It has a recess on the top so the foot will have some shear strength. Using 2 x 10-32 FHCS to attach the bottom will be flush. If you don't have acess to a drill bit and tap I suppose JB weld would do it...

I was thinking of making a few of these if others are intrested. Was thinking like 20 bucks shipped to the lower 48? I would anodize these black which is not exactly cheap but they would stay pretty good looking for a while.

Ohhh, numbers almost forgot, the stock foot is roughly 1.633 Square inches that 367lbs per square inch.

Mine is about 5 inches.. thats 120 lbs per inch almost 1/3 the pressure.

Captain slow would be proud!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea. How much clearance is sacrificed in the 'up' position?

I have one of those freebie give-aways kick stand pads tied to a string. I have a loop on one end so it hangs from the left grip when parked. That way I don't forget it, just grab the chord and toss the whole thing into the tank bag side pocket when I am ready to go.

Good idea. How much clearance is sacrificed in the 'up' position?
I have one of those freebie give-aways kick stand pads tied to a string. I have a loop on one end so it hangs from the left grip when parked. That way I don't forget it, just grab the chord and toss the whole thing into the tank bag side pocket when I am ready to go.
You will loose zero clearence. Well o.k. like .050 just on the one side. In the up position it shouldn't interfere with the exhaust. I will have to double check on a stock FJR because I have Remus slipons...

Count me in. It's the farkle I've been waiting for.

Someone did draw up a design similar to this, but that person owes about $10k to various members of this board so he won't be back. Your design is longer and narrower, I like it better. Go for it. :thumbsup:

Would people rather have one with taped holes on the top with washers to hold it on??

I perfer the clean look...

I'd be in for one. I also like the clean look w/o washers.

Never have I seen nor heard of any motorcycle that generated SOOO many sidestand threads of near infinite variety.

Looks good!

I was wondering if I could get you to substitute a logo of my Siberian Husky rathen than your Corgi? J/K :lol:

Actually I was wondering if it's available without any graphics?

Don

Actually I was wondering if it's available without any graphics?
Nothing against the Corgi, but seconded. Prefer it plain if possible.

Maybe possible to put one of them mud flap girl silhouettes on it instead?

Count me in, minus the Corgi. Nice little beasts, but at a friends once, I kept tripping over his 4 (yes 4!) Corgi's all running around the house and haven't yet gotten over it!

Don't worry about any intellectual property issues. As far as I can tell, Bob Young (byoung1) is the first guy to come up with this solution, NOT skyway.

A couple of things I notice - The bottom of the side stand isn't flat. At least on the Gen I. It's a slightly rounded cast surface. How are you accounting for this in your design.

Logo - It's going to get dirty, so c'mon, is it really important what's there? Logo, no logo, no matter.

Corgies - Mmmm, taste good with teriyaki sauce.

What? You never had mystery meat on a stick before? What did you think it was? ;) :lol:

All ya pups gotta do is drink a beer before you leave the skoot. Then ya just crumple the beer and use that as the baseplate. Then you can leave it.

Yeah, I'm a litterbug.

All ya pups gotta do is drink a beer before you leave the skoot. Then ya just crumple the beer and use that as the baseplate. Then you can leave it.

Yeah, I'm a litterbug.
I've never done that before. (Cough, Cough) Well. maybe a few (Lots) times. Ray, I never considered it littering when you leave valuable aluminum for someone to pick up and sell to a recycler. It helps the economy. :rolleyes:

GP

The issue I see with the holes tapped in the bottom ,is after time ,things may corrode together from the bolts always being on the ground side. I think that the top bolts are the way to go. but either way I 'm in. A guy can always tap his own holes if he wants.