foot shields

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feejer/Weejer man

Reaction score
Didn't I see at one time someone was to make after market foot shields for the FJR. IIRC it might have been Cee bailey's? Should not cost what they are. Just a couple pieces of molded plastic. Anyone got a set they want to get rid of? Mike in Fremont, Ca.

Mike, Ian and I were discussing different methods to make some, i.e., fiberglass, heat and bend some lexan, etc. In the end we concluded that the time and effort involved (especially the compund curve around the alternator cover) would be more than the cost of buying them from FJR Goodies. Your talents and abilities or business contacts may defray the cost. Good luck! (Skyway decided that it would be better to "Bite the bullet" and order them....and injection molding patterns and dies are the speciality of Skyway Machine.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea thats what I thought. Guess the hand guards come first, then the foot guards. While I was riding my brothers Harley Ultra in South Dakota over Christmas, I noticed how much warmer my feet were during a ride through the Black Hills. Made the observation of the lowers on the bike that kept the wind directly off my feet. Made a big difference.

I've found that my toes don't get as cold. When its really cold, I can place my feet further forward closer to the fairing and engine and pick up the warmth.

Yamaha footguards for the '06. I got these from Freedom Yamaha in Halifax, NS and had them shipped to me in NY.

DSCF1266-2.jpg

DSCF1269.jpg

Carver, If I remember correctly they were $325.00 Canadian. Perfect color match and easily installed.

Hi dcarver.

The prices of the Canadian FJR goodies are here: Clicky for your shopping pleasure

I have the same one's as Axeman and can also give them a big +1. They do tend to make the feet warm though in the summer months so I have them on for spring and fall only.

Cheers

NFlyer