For my leg length challenged friends...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job! If it wasn't for the different tires, I would think that was my 08 and I can't tell that you've modified the seat at all! :clapping:

Thanks! I still miss riding the FJR... I just don't miss wrestling it around at slippery gas stations....<G>

for some reason I seem to always end up at the pump with the recent oil slick... and no, there were not old H-D's right there before me! <LOL>

If I were to do another FJR seat, I'd just cut off the top foam, and take off the bottom layer...now that I know...<G>

If I could, I'd get a zipsplat, just because....maybe another Bandit or an FZ1..smaller FJR kinda...<G>

I will say having a heavy slow (relatively) Harley is nice when the wind blows... which is all the time here in Texas! <G>

Take care

Mary

Great job! If it wasn't for the different tires, I would think that was my 08 and I can't tell that you've modified the seat at all! :clapping:
Thank You Sir, I am quite pleased with it. Appreciate your comment :)

What type of staple gun did you use to re-upholster? Curious me.
I am curious too? What say you AsItLies?

Nice job! Got me inspired. :yahoo:

Scoot

Scoot, the one I stapled back on, used a 50$ thing from Home Depot. You really really had to press the thing firmly against the cover and plastic, to get the staples to go into the hard seat pan plastic... but it's not impossible and it does work.

In this case I found an upholsterer that did it for 20 bucks. And he did a great job, it really takes more then one person (or some specific equipment - clamps etc) to get it on tight. 20 bucks well spent imho.

Good luck if you endeavor to do it, shoot me a msg be glad to help if I can.

Thanks! I still miss riding the FJR... I just don't miss wrestling it around at slippery gas stations....<G>for some reason I seem to always end up at the pump with the recent oil slick... and no, there were not old H-D's right there before me! <LOL>

If I were to do another FJR seat, I'd just cut off the top foam, and take off the bottom layer...now that I know...<G>

If I could, I'd get a zipsplat, just because....maybe another Bandit or an FZ1..smaller FJR kinda...<G>

I will say having a heavy slow (relatively) Harley is nice when the wind blows... which is all the time here in Texas! <G>

Take care

Mary
I hear you Mary! My prior was an st1300, put 16k on her, never dropped once. But it's a struggle for sure, and more then one slow speed frightening moment.

For anyone thinking about lowering the seat, keep Spencer in mind, his prices are reasonable for sure, very fast turnaround and he'll do whatever asked, if possible.

Mary we're neighbors, so there may be a time we can swap a story or two and share some riding. It'd be a pleasure :)

thanks and Enjoy!

I cut mine down in a similar fasion on my 08. I'd sent it to Spencer for the seat mod before that and was very unimpressed with what he did to the seat and the results. Waste of money in my opinion. If you have access to an electric knife if isn't a difficult job. Just take it easy and don't get in a hurry.

GP