• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale: Yamaha SECA 900

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmwave

Reaction score
I'm thinking about selling my 1983 Yamaha SECA 900 4-cyl. I'm located near Seattle.

I'm the second owner. First owner cherished and babied the bike for its first 30yrs.

Just turned 50,000 miles. I've put around 6000miles on it since purchase..

Fairly new tires, Battlax-BT45V

Full Pickler fairing which offers good protection in the rain and cold

Seat backrest and fixed panier hangers

Air horns for safety

Otherwise stock to my knowledge

Garaged throughout it's life.
Dealer carried out a TBS a year ago which noticeably settled and smoothed the engine.
Starts well for a carbed bike even when cold, and runs oiff-choke soon after.
Runs well around town and on the hiway settles down nicely at 5000rpm.

It's no crotch rocket, and is a little top heavy with the steel frame and larger tank, but it's a good bike for the highway and carrying stuff.

FWIW, I'm told this model is somewhat of a special interest as it sold only in 1983, and at that time was a sought after model.

I've kept it for nostalgic reasons as it was my first distance capable bike, but I only ride it maybe once every few months now for fun.
Thinking "you can't keep them all" and thought it may do better going to another owner who can care for and enjoy it more than I can.

I paid $2500 for it a couple of years back. I'm thinking somewhere around $2000 sale price with the newer tires. Let me know if there's anyone interested in taking a look.
Serious potential buyers only please as I simply don't have time to just 'show' the bike for curiousities sake. Thanks.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Stephen

I had one of these several years ago. It was a really great bike. It was one of the first crotch rockets made. The 900 Seca is a rare bike. The 750 was more easily found, but not 900. I don't think there were that many made in the USA.

Cool! Good luck with your sale! Pictures would be nice to see.....