Fork mounted LEDs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dravnx

Reaction score
Anyone have fork mounted aux LED's mounted. I want the aux lights to be as low as possible on my forks for conspicuity.

I would expect out of 4-5 thousand Forum members over the last 6 years that at least one or two would have installed aux LEDs. You may want to check with Justin.

Anyone have fork mounted aux LED's mounted.
Yes, many do. I see many hits including pictures and specific models when I search on terms like fork leds. What did you try searching on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Clear waters top and bottom. Bottom are 20% on dim/100% on bright. Top are on a off/on switch and 20% on dim and 100% on bright. And they have seen a lot of gravel roads in their day.

13765944_10154408703324628_4133118508017462386_o.jpg

Those Clearwaters are what I want to end up with but I'm too cheap to spend that kind of money. I'ld like to get just the brackets. As to searching, I searched Fork LED, Fork aux lights, aux lights. I got kinda close but not what I needed. I want brackets to fit my 15A.

Yup, LED Rider Super-Mini LED spots on the forks. For same reason you want- to be seen.

And also running LED Rider LR4 floods on my mirror brackets, for when I want to see something. Those run at 20-30% most of the time. Trigger to 100% when I hit the hi-beam switch. Total forward light then... is a lot!

Those Clearwaters are what I want to end up with but I'm too cheap to spend that kind of money. I'ld like to get just the brackets. As to searching, I searched Fork LED, Fork aux lights, aux lights. I got kinda close but not what I needed. I want brackets to fit my 15A.
This is extremely refreshing. Somebody that did actually search. Yay! Thank you!
punk.gif

I would note if you used the native search application (not the Google version) then the three letter terms would have choked things pretty well LED and aux wouldn't help. However, searching on 4+ letter alternatives like LEDs and auxiliary might yield more.

As for minutiae details of whether a after-market bracket is going to fit a submodel of one year bike in one particular country....that's splitting some serious hairs. I suggest broader reading of the many, Many threads on farkles in this place to get a sense of which things tend to carry over from one year to another, model-to-model, and those that don't. Pretty likely fork tube brackets are going to fairly common across the flavors of FJR.

Mr. Admin, I understand the need to perform due diligence and searching prior to asking a question. OTH, there are multiple configurations of FJR forks. I am sure someone has mounted an LED light low on the forks of a conventional forked, ABS FJR. Perhaps someone would jump in and say "sure, here is my install, I used brand X part number 123456". I've done quite a bit of searching using the resident search engine and big G and haven't found anything to my liking. Sorry for clogging up the bandwidth.

You can use the Advanced Search feature (gear icon to the right of the search box), use quotation marks, and enter three-letter words/acronyms. I searched for "fork mounted led" and got 7 results. A new search with similar terms would yield a different crop of results. Some will be helpful, because some of us have LED lights mounted on our fender brackets.

Most manufacturers of "fork mounted LEDs" have pull-down menus that tell you which part number is specifically manufactured for the 2015 FJR 1300 A. Here's a link to my 0.45-second Google search for "motorcycle led auxiliary lights" (without the quotation marks). Do any of them fit your budget and/or installation skills? Do they have pull down menus or 1-800 numbers to talk to a salesperson who knows the specifics of their product line?

Now, noob, is there anything else I can do for you today? Because, you know, the only reason I visit this site is to answer your questions -- that are already answered here or on a manufacturer's website.

I used the advanced feature and came up with zip. Some discussions about why you should have aux lights but nothing substantive. I followed your link and pulled down 5 man'f menus. Zip except for the Clearwaters and I already stated that they are out of my budget. Just trying to get some information. If you don't want to help, step aside and perhaps someone else will. Am I really causing that much of an issue?

This is not my first rodeo. I am an adviser on numerous forums and enjoy being helpful to people looking for information.

Ease up people - my god.... lord knows you have way to much to do then help a new forum member - Jeez....

Funny it goes from Hey I'm thinking about an FJR..... Great get one its the best evah !!!

Hey guys I finally got a new FJR.... - --- Oh welcome aboard, you'll love this forum, so much help here....

now don't ever bother anyone here....
bad.gif

Lighten Up Francis !!!!

No offense to Clearwater owners - but they have been getting away with raping peoples wallets, for way too long...

Justin has some nice stuff for WAY cheaper, and great support right here on the forum !!! With a forum discount.

Here is what I did.....

Amber LR10's down low.....

https://ledrider.com/shop/?model_number=LR10

LR4's up top - 3500 lumens each... If you are unsure what 3500+ Lumens looks like - just pretty muc look at the sun and you'll get the picture --- you will light up the neighbor hood with this setup (uppers must be on a dimmer, and come on to full blast with a high beam bypass switch) Plus get plenty of people to see you with zero problems.

https://ledrider.com/shop/?model_number=LR4

PJF_6835_zpsz59ecv7w.jpg

Oh and BTW - you messed up getting that NON-ES machine, but def the right year !!!

I am sure someone has mounted an LED light low on the forks of a conventional forked, ABS FJR. Perhaps someone would jump in and say "sure, here is my install, I used brand X part number 123456". I've done quite a bit of searching using the resident search engine and big G and haven't found anything to my liking.
Yes! They have many, many times in the past. I know because I did a search and found them. Again, I am genuinely happy you did search. You're in rarefied territory there. But, to run this to ground perhaps you would tell us what you specifically searched on and we'll help you even more!
smile.png

Alternatively, if you're fine with it being moved to NEPRT and rehashed...yet again...that's fine too.

lord knows you have way to much to do then help a new forum member - Jeez....
That's a false assumption. Folks on this forum are expected to do some searching and helping them find stuff IS helping.

Hey Warp, thanx. I really like those. They are on my short list.

Hey Rawr, See you're pic is from the Sonoma coast. I live in Santa Rosa. I had those same lights on my Vstrom. Unfortunately, the mounting brackets didn't stand up to the rigors of the type of riding I do with that bike.

On the Vstrom I ended up with ADVmonsters

https://stores.advmonster.com/model-30-led-off-road-spot-light/

The bracket broke on these too but they offer a heavy duty bracket that I installed and have done just fine.

I have the LR10's also mounted on the front fender front bolt. I threw away the bracket and used a extra nylon washer, about a 1" spacer and a longer stainless Soc Hd Cap Screw.

Looks nice and tidy. If I had any complaints it would be the anodizing is turning bronze/brown and it would have been nice if the wiring would have been longer with the nice shielding.

I use the Skene controler to run them at 20%.

https://www.skenedesign.com/lights/IQ_275.shtml