Forma Adventure Low Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHS

Reaction score
So, I have been looking for some MC specific boots... Been running with some Lacrosse work boots, and these were designed with reinforced heals and toes and are very comfortable, but they are work boots and once broke in are very soft and my other boots are an old set of Fly Motocross boots. I really did not want tall boots again and most European or Asian boots are just too narrow. In fact, I tried on several pairs of name brand boots and some I could not even get my foot into.

I was aware of Gaerne, and really liked the look of the brown leather and was actually leaning that way, when I found the Forma Adv Low boot. After reading reviews, these seemed like the boot for me....

I checked online and found them to be out of stock at all my regular haunts, and the price was essentially the same, $239.00, which is the same as the mfg. and they were out of stock as well. I eventually found them from Motostorm, and for only $151 plus shipping. I paid $181 delivered and got them within 1 week. Very pleased and by far the best price out there.

Anyhow, they fit just great from the get go! I wear a size 10 EE, and seriously I have never put my foot into a riding boot that was just so comfortable out of the box. They are stiff, but that is to be expected from a MC boot. I wore them that afternoon on a shopping trip to town, went to four stores and walked all around and by the time I hit the grocery store I actually forgot I was wearing them. With just two buckles, they are extremely easy to adjust. I have since been out twice on the bike and other than the difference in feel between my softer leather work boots and these, they worked well and required no adjustments to either shifter or brake. Have not tried them in the rain, but they are waterproof and use the Forma Drytex lining, which is their version of Gore-Tex.

Saturday I put them on at noon, rode 120 miles, went out to dinner, a meeting and home by 8:00. My feet felt great and I could have worn them another couple hours no problem. I can see these boots lasting me a very long time.

So, my review gives these boots 2 thumbs up, a double swing and a snap, 5/5 stars, excellenteprimogood!

Also, I was very pleased with Motostorm. Price was by the best around by a long shot and shipping was fast, especially coming from overseas!

fred

Oh' and I just checked and Motostorm now lists them for $140 USA, $169.00 delivered!

These are on my radar, but nobody local has any yet. I tried on the tall Adventure, I usually take a 48 (13) in a TCX e.g., but Forma has decided 48 is a 14 and 47 is a 13. The 47 is a touch too small and the 48 a touch too big. Very stiff, I don't know how anybody would wear the tall ones........ anyway, will wait until the short ones arrive...... I'm trying to like them, but if the shoe don't fit..................

Yeah RaYzerman, I usually always try stuff on, just for that reason, however in my neck of the world there is no place to go try anything on. The nearest Cycle Gear is a 300 mile round trip and all the other dealers around really have horrible selections of gear anymore... Unless you want Harley gear, then there are any number of places. So for stuff like this, I take my chances, and I figured with this price, even if they didn't fit I could easily sell them on one of the forums for what I paid and probably even make a few bucks if I were so inclined.

Thanks for the review. The tall (need the extra height for protection for DS riding) in brown have been on my wish list since last fall. I wear 11 E and tried on some different brands at gear stores but too narrow for comfort. The whole Forma line seem to be nice boots for the $$. Looks like Motostorm will be getting some of my money in a few weeks.

Went to a different dealer today, who says the Forma folks told him the short ones are exactly like the tall ones, all they did was chop off the top. The short ones have not arrived yet. I did see a nice Gaerne, but they only had one boot that was too small, couldn't find the other, dont know the model.... similar brown, shorter than a full blown adventure boot. Buckles looked more robust.... the Forma's are a well made boot though.