Forum vendor review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
This morning, Monday 11/20/06, I received the heat troller that I ordered from Jeff @ Sportbike Effects. My order was placed on the morning of Friday 11/3/06. I had been planning for an install of the unit the following weekend & figured that I had ordered in plenty of time to receive it since it was a full week from the time I had planned for install.

When I didn't receive the unit by the following Friday I emailed Jeff to tell him that UPS, Fed Ex & USPS had come and gone from my office & the unit that I had ordered a week before had not arrived. So, I asked when the unit had gone out in the mail.

The following Monday morning when I came into work I found an email from him that was a reply to my email. He stated that the units had been on a truck on their way to him (for a whole week?) & the unit that I had ordered had not been shipped yet but would go out Monday morning & then he thanked me for my patience.

This is the letter that I sent back to him:

Jeff, thanks for emailing me back but it seems to me in the event of a back order... especially a week worth of back order, you should've emailed me to tell me. I had plans of install this past weekend & figured that I had ordered in time. The fact that these units were on back order may have affected the decision I made of ordering from you. I've always heard that you customer service is A1 off of the forum so, I expected better customer service & will consider this for future purchases.

It seems to me, in the name of doing good business he should have, at the very least, replied to me knowing that I was upset about the transaction. But I never heard from him again. Not even so much as an offer to upgrade my shipping so that I'd receive it before the following weekend.

My order has arrived today... Another weekend gone by when I could've done my install if I had my order in hand.

This review is for anyone with a planned timeline that is planning to order from Sportbike Effects. As with any vendor & what I didn't think about doing, It may be to your advantage to be sure that the item that you intend to buy is in stock before ordering.

I am hoping that I am actually the exception to the rule & SBE actually DOES inform their customers when a back order occurs. After all, there website says that they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning, Monday 11/20/06, I received the heat troller that I ordered from Jeff @ Sportbike Effects. My order was placed on the morning of Friday 11/3/06. I had been planning for an install of the unit the following weekend & figured that I had ordered in plenty of time to receive it since it was a full week from the time I had planned for install.
When I didn't receive the unit by the following Friday I emailed Jeff to tell him that UPS, Fed Ex & USPS had come and gone from my office & the unit that I had ordered a week before had not arrived. So, I asked when the unit had gone out in the mail.

The following Monday morning when I came into work I found an email from him that was a reply to my email. He stated that the units had been on a truck on their way to him (for a whole week?) & the unit that I had ordered had not been shipped yet but would go out Monday morning & then he thanked me for my patience.

This is the letter that I sent back to him:

Jeff, thanks for emailing me back but it seems to me in the event of a back order... especially a week worth of back order, you should've emailed me to tell me. I had plans of install this past weekend & figured that I had ordered in time. The fact that these units were on back order may have affected the decision I made of ordering from you. I've always heard that you customer service is A1 off of the forum so, I expected better customer service & will consider this for future purchases.

It seems to me, in the name of doing good business he should have, at the very least, replied to me knowing that I was upset about the transaction. But I never heard from him again. Not even so much as an offer to upgrade my shipping so that I'd receive it before the following weekend.

My order has arrived today... Another weekend gone by when I could've done my install if I had my order in hand.

This review is for anyone with a planned timeline that is planning to order from Sportbike Effects. As with any vendor & what I didn't think about doing, It may be to your advantage to be sure that the item that you intend to buy is in stock before ordering.

I am hoping that I am actually the exception to the rule & SBE actually DOES inform their customers when a back order occurs. After all, there website says that they do.

Mary, again, sorry for the inconvience. Most of the products that are ordered from SportbikeEffects are shipped on the same day of the order or next day. I do take pride in my record of shipping in a timely manner. In this particular case, I myself was surprised in the delay that I experienced from the Vendor, WarmandSafe. They are 1 - 2 days from me as far as receiving products, but not in this case. Unfortunately none of the vendors notify me or their other customers of shipping delays when ordering.

You are correct, I should have sent a more timely email but in this case, I missed the boat. For that I am sorry.

Jeff

It's takes a stand-up guy to take ownership of an omission, whether it's service or product related with his business or an associated one. Kudos, Jeff. It's guys like you that keep me as a customer.

:good:

Jeff, not quite good enough. Free shit for all of us for one week as penance.

I agree with Rattitoui, a week of free stuff does seem reasonable...not 'cause of the mailing, but because you called her Mary!

Mary, Heidi, Jane, Joan, what ever :)

I will chime in only to say that Jeff has been very helpful to me.

I understand Heidi's frustration all to well when vendors don't take care of you, or leave you hanging.

I got what I ordered from SportBike Effects on time, but then again I called him, and he went over what he had in stock and put the order together. I also paid "through the nose" for overnight shipping.

Why? because my silly ass dilly dallied around and waited too long to order. But at the least Jeff warned me how much this was going to cost.

He was also very patient with me in working through some issues. I in fact owe him a head set but the weather hasn't been conducive enough for me to test with the wife. (read it's been too damn cold to get her on the bike).

I will order from Jeff again, and I will make sure that what I need is in stock and ready to ship when I do. :D

I've ordered some stuff in the past from Jeff (radiator guard, superbrace) and they arrived as advertised from him. I just ordered the Sargent seat from him this week and he let me know that the delivery would be based upon Sargent's timetable of production (and I'm in no particular hurry). Jeff has been very friendly and helpful, and like others have mentioned, is impressive in that he acknowledges his error to Mary (errrr.... Heidi.....) -- and I know he has been an active supporter of the Forum.

And, Jeff is in great wine country (Napa) -- perhaps a free bottle of wine with each order would be appropriate until, oh, say, 2008??? :) Stags Leap cab?? Cake Cellar cab?? We're not picky :rolleyes:

I'll buy Heidi a drink soon and we'll discuss..... Jay

A full week.... which is like, uh, 5 business days, right?

And you failed to inform Jeff up front that you had plans to install the accessory that following weekend? On an item that had to be shipped clear across country from California to Virginia.... :blink:

That being the case, then is sounds like you didn't offer pay for 2nd Day Air or some other expedited delivery, since you waited 5 business days before you needed the item.... correct? :blink:

A+ will order from again.
Yep, same here. A+ service from SportBikeEffects... and will definitely be ordering again. B)

Heidi,

Personally, I've had nothing but excellent service from Jeff - including a phone call ON A SUNDAY to help me with my installation on my Starcom. (Due to my inability to read directions, no doubt !!)

My most recent experience was ordering the new Starcom PP-14 from Jeff just last Tuesday night - and I received it on Friday afternoon - in time for my SS1k.

Just my 2c worth.

Hal

Heidi, you can't win, Jeff has brainwashed us and paid us all off under the table :D

Not trying to win anything.

7 CALENDAR days w/o notification that an item is back ordered & hadn't been mailed is my biggest issue here.

This is my own personal experience & not to be confused w/ anyone elses. I expected better communication with Jeff & voiced my opinion about it.

I have ordered thru SBE in the past without any delay.

Thank you SBE for your short note.

Just as a note on the heat trollers from Warm-n-safe... I know Catfish had a huge group buy on these items, and Warm-n-safe probably got overloaded and behind in product as a result. I'm still waiting on my heated gloves now 2-3 weeks after having paid, and 2 weeks after receiving the liner/troller. Not making excuses, but you might have ordered the hardware at the worst possible moment for availability, something Jeff may have not seen before.

Heidi, you can't win, Jeff has brainwashed us and paid us all off under the table :D
That was sarcasm in case you missed it :) Nothing sucks worse than getting a raw deal from a vendor, or being treated in a manner contrary than your expectations.