Found (Halogen) Soltek's for $249

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note that these are Halogen, not HID lights. Link to the HID's HERE

From Baja Design's website:

Baja Designs offers Both Halogen and HID light sources. We adjust the bulb focal point to optimize the light distribution from either source.

Halogen lights, like conventional incandescent lights, use bulbs with a filament. The major difference is that halogen bulbs are filled with a pressurized halogen gas to prolong the life of the filament and allow it to burn at a higher and brighter temperature. They have a color temperature of around 3200K, which makes them appear more yellow in color than sunlight or HID light.

HID (High Intensity Discharge) lighting is a quantum leap forward in off-road illumination. HID lamps produce daylight quality light (4,200K) and brightness (3,200 lumens). A single HID bulb produces the equivalent of 250 watts of halogen lighting power, while consuming only 35 watts of electricity, and generating far less heat. HID bulbs do not use a filament; they fire an electric charge between two electrodes encased in a xenon gas filled bulb. Since the bulb has no filament, vibration does not affect its operating life (approx. 2,000 hours). These factors make HID technology a perfect fit for off-road use.

Last edited by a moderator:
You realize those are halogen, right? They're $125 each directly from Soltek.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well at least my stupidity had a happy ending,

The buyer instantly refunded my money and is working up a quote for me for the HID version :)

I wants me a set of those flamethrowers on my bike :)