Found new Blue Tooth Intercom system

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
I have been looking hard for a competely wireless intercom system that includes Blue Tooth for my cell, and at least two audio inputs for MP3 audio and a radar detector input with override. Found it, but they ain't quite shipping yet.

Liberty Wireless IntaRide

:clap:

At current exchange rate the special intro price works out to around $530 plus shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember, whilst other companies sadly focus on “Bragging & Slagging”,we are quietly content just being ...THE FIRST...
Hmmm, the first...I think I'll wait a while until "THE BEST" is weeded out. Don't know if I can handle the hassle of keeping those units charged up and all.

I've come to accept that intercoms are more of a "necessary evil" rather than a convenience. I think I'll get telepathy figured out before I find one I like. YMMV

Oh joy. Another intercom thread!

Didn't you guys read the thread that Motorola are laying off employees! well maybe the ones that ride FJR's cause they were having too much fun.

Might want to check out the new bluetooth Chatterbox due out shortly too... but it ain't gonna be cheap!

Link

I saw the actual unit when I was at the chatterbox office, it was supposed to be out this year, but they must of had some tech things to work out. I'm looking at autocom, but I still like my chatterbox for now.

Never having actually SEEN one, I can't tell if the Chatterbox has a separate unit that attaches to the bike and makes all the wired connections, or if the RadDet, MP3 etc. jacks are on the helmet mounted unit. It does me no good to have all that wireless stuff, and then have a damn cord from my RadDet to the helmet.

Can anyone clarify for certain?

That's what I really like about the IntaRider. All the wires connect to the bike-mounted box. The helmet units are 100% wireless and have 33 hours talk time. I should not have to charge them more than once per week with full use. Plus, I'm not patient enough to wait until the Fall. I can't even wait on a traffic light to change! :D

I saw the Autocom systems at the Indy show but didn't get any info on them and they still don't have the new info posted on the website but it's supposed to have bluetooth support. I'm pretty happy with my wired stuff, but it would be nice to have a bluetooth helmet unit so I am not wired to the bike. I just have a tank bag with an SAE connector for power, my ipod and phone go in the tank bag and I just connect the headset to the tank bag and I'm off and running. pretty slick setup. Maybe I'll run the powered tank bag soon from the powerlet stuff?

Never having actually SEEN one, I can't tell if the Chatterbox has a separate unit that attaches to the bike and makes all the wired connections, or if the RadDet, MP3 etc. jacks are on the helmet mounted unit.
The Chatterbox has a separate bike-mounted unit. BT connectivity is between the headset the main unit.

I saw the Autocom systems at the Indy show but didn't get any info on them and they still don't have the new info posted on the website but it's supposed to have bluetooth support.
Not familiar with the Autocom but the Starcom unit has a new (optional) BT unit too.
Problem with the Starcom unit is that it appears to be a BT connection for the cell phone to connect to the main unit and then you still have cables running from the main unit to the helmet. All you're really doing is eliminating the cable from the cell phone.

BTM01.jpg
LINK

I saw the Autocom systems at the Indy show but didn't get any info on them and they still don't have the new info posted on the website but it's supposed to have bluetooth support. I'm pretty happy with my wired stuff, but it would be nice to have a bluetooth helmet unit so I am not wired to the bike. I just have a tank bag with an SAE connector for power, my ipod and phone go in the tank bag and I just connect the headset to the tank bag and I'm off and running. pretty slick setup. Maybe I'll run the powered tank bag soon from the powerlet stuff?
I talked to the autocom guys at the motorcycle show in San Jose. I had heard they were dumping all units in stock at 50% off, so I asked the guy what the new units were going to have, thinking it was probably BT. His response was that they were testing BT on helmet sets, and so far it doesn't provide the quality communication they are looking for. The new Autocom units just have more inputs than the old ones did. They will accept a BT phone, but that just means you don't have to plug the phone into the Autocom unit.

I really don't mind the cord much, and would definately NOT trade any sound or speech quality for BT.

I really don't mind the cord much, and would definately NOT trade any sound or speech quality for BT.
I (think) I am willing to make some compromises on sound quality to get 100% wireless. Cell phone quality is my minimal quality level. I'm mostly interested in cell, radar and a reasonable audio without having to use cables. Thanks to everyone for the great feedback.

Guess this makes me a waiter!

Never having actually SEEN one, I can't tell if the Chatterbox has a separate unit that attaches to the bike and makes all the wired connections, or if the RadDet, MP3 etc. jacks are on the helmet mounted unit.
The Chatterbox has a separate bike-mounted unit. BT connectivity is between the headset the main unit.

I saw the Autocom systems at the Indy show but didn't get any info on them and they still don't have the new info posted on the website but it's supposed to have bluetooth support.
Not familiar with the Autocom but the Starcom unit has a new (optional) BT unit too.
Problem with the Starcom unit is that it appears to be a BT connection for the cell phone to connect to the main unit and then you still have cables running from the main unit to the helmet. All you're really doing is eliminating the cable from the cell phone.

BTM01.jpg
LINK
Has anyone tried that BTM unit on the starcom? That's pretty much what I'm looking for, but at ~$180.00, it's a bit pricy without recomendation.

I assume it "mutes" the audio, etc?

Has anyone tried that BTM unit on the starcom?  That's pretty much what I'm looking for, but at ~$180.00, it's a bit pricy without recomendation.
I assume it "mutes" the audio, etc?
I am going to install this adapter on my bike, but I have had no time whatsoever lately. I'll let you know when I do. And yes, it does mute the audio when you are on the phone.

SportbikeEffects advertised price is $160.00. $144.00 after your forum discount. Take a look at the links in my signature.

Just an update...

I have now made five(5) attempts to email IntaRide about the Liberty Wireless system. Yet to receive any response. I'm not very inclined to make an international phone call to a company that won't even respond via an email address that they encourage you to use on their web site.

More to come, I hope!

:angry:

Just an update...I have now made five(5) attempts to email IntaRide about the Liberty Wireless system. Yet to receive any response. I'm not very inclined to make an international phone call to a company that won't even respond via an email address that they encourage you to use on their web site.

More to come, I hope!

:angry:
Did you see the price on that thing! $611 ! 349pounds(British currency)! Yikes

Pricey yes. But not much more than $450 for a corded monster plus another $99-149 for a blue tooth module. The FJR is just sooo gorgeous a bike, it seems a shame to compromise on something like my intercom system that I will be using every day.

Update on the Starcom1 Bluetooth unit. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear like it will work for me. I have a Blackberry 7100t, and it (surprisingly) doesn't seem to have autoanswer capabilities. I assume that means that this unit won't work for me??

Update on the Starcom1 Bluetooth unit. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear like it will work for me. I have a Blackberry 7100t, and it (surprisingly) doesn't seem to have autoanswer capabilities. I assume that means that this unit won't work for me??
Unless you have it mounted where you can push a button to answer it, that would be true. One thing to be aware of, is that some of the phones don't display this menu unless the headset it plugged in. It might be worthwhile to contact a KNOWLEDGABLE person at your cellular provider and ask them. In the mean time, I am sending a copy of your post directly to Starcom for their comment.