Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwhite518

Reaction score
Frame sliders. Everybody's got 'em. Everybody recommends them as one of the "must have" farkles on an FJR.

WTF?

I've never had frame sliders on a bike before. Maybe if I had a race bike I'd put them on. But I'm not going to drop my FJR. I didn't drop my other bikes. Why the big rush to put them on? You guys don't know how to handle a motorcycle?

It's Friday, you know what to do. :p

LOL!

For $25 you can save hundreds of $ resulting from the UNEXPECTED tip over. It goes w/out saying that, for the most part, nobody intends to drop their bike.. but if and when it happens...... My GSXR sunk into the asphalt on the gap and did a left side tip over. Caused damage to all pieces of plastic on that side of the bike as well as snaping off the clutch lever. Prob over a k of damage. The very nice (sarcastic fu$%) who was standing by my bike when it happened felt the need to demonstrate why I needed frame sliders. he layed his GSXR 750 down on the ground and the frame slider prevented the plastic from hitting the ground. Doubt it would help the clutch lever, but saves an insurance claim and / or damage to your bike. The T-Rex sliders are like $25 and they look cool. Don't mistake them for crash protectors. they are tip over protectors....... sometimes people get lucky and they help out w/ crashes but don't count on it.

Well let's see, Mr. BMW dude. Given your previous choice of two wheeled transportation perhaps you're not all that qualified to be making tough decisions like this. :p

Perhaps you should listen to the collective wisdom of this forum and its members and just jump on board with the whole slider thing. Hey, just cuz we don't have kool-aid doesn't mean you can't follow our lead, right?

:D

You guys don't know how to handle a motorcycle?
A reasonable conclusion jwhite.

- When I see an FJR with sliders, I think "Pffffft. Dork."

And you can always cover scratches with decals!

jwhite518.jpg

:D :D ;)

[SIZE=8pt]HYCLE's got sliders on his HELMET![/SIZE]

Frame sliders. Everybody's got 'em. Everybody recommends them as one of the "must have" farkles on an FJR.
WTF?

I've never had frame sliders on a bike before. Maybe if I had a race bike I'd put them on. But I'm not going to drop my FJR. I didn't drop my other bikes. Why the big rush to put them on? You guys don't know how to handle a motorcycle?

WTF? I have scraches on the left side Fairing from a tip over and Rash on the right side from a slow speed drop. I CAN'T FIND SUITABEL SLIDERS for my 05. No I don't want to drill holes. Thank you.

San Leandro? Do you know how long it took me to learn to say San Leandro? Ok so I'm a retard. :lol: :lol: :D

You guys don't know how to handle a motorcycle?
There are so many other reasons a bike accidentally ends up on its side. I have never dropped my bike either, but then again, I haven't crashed my FJR, but I still have insurance for it. Many folks here have had their bike tip over in the garage after a flat tire, kids, wife hitting it with a car, etc.

Never crashed a bike but have dropped everyone I have ever owned. Be careful of how you speak as it is a sure sign the drop monster will bite. As for frame sliders, no I don't have them.

WTF?

Guessing you do not wear a helmet either right?

If you never fall (or crash) then who needs one?

KM

OK, Mr. Troll, I'll play along. $ is not my reason. If I go down, I'm hoping it will protect the bike enough to make the bike still be rideable rather than being stranded in the middle of no where without cell service and no one stopping to help.

WTF?

The reason that you buy and install the sliders asap, is because if you don't and the bike falls over you will have aviodable scratches. Then you say duh and get the sliders. Now you have avoidable scratches and sliders.

This bike is designed to fall over. They go fast and look good and fall over. On the bright side, after they fall over they immediately become yours. Your own pride and joy. And it makes it easier to find your bike if you happen to be at EOM. Mine is the silver one with a scratched left mirror and left saddlebag and sliders in perfect condition. You can't miss it.

Art

WTF?

Nope...don't know how to handle it. I also farkled my bike to include motorized "training wheels" at my back tire that automatically come out when I come to a stop. That way I won't tip the bike over accidentally...you can never be too careful.

;)

Mine fell over just the other day...stopped at stop light, put right foot down shod w/ SIDI boot, right on some slippery goo...foot went out, bike leaned over and down I went. Busted my mirror off, slight scratches to saddlebag, but fairing was clean! Slider took the hit. I kicked myself out from under the bike..the guy behind me helped me pick up this pig of a bike and away I went. This all happened in the span of a redlight. No biggie. $40 for new mirror and I'm good as new.

Shit Happens, and Dogs Pile, Get Sliders!

I only got sliders cause they came with a free membership to fjrforum. :rolleyes:

The really cool thing about my 05 is the drill through sliders actually go where the scratches from tipping over were. Hmmmm. Me thinks someone thought that out.

Actually...I too skipped the sliders. They take away from the smooth lines of the fairing.

Instead I opted for outriggers. They are spring-loaded to allow for agressive lean angles.

I'll post pics later. I never have to worry about a tip-over! :D