frame sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadstar

Reaction score
I`d like to know why there is such a diffence in pricing for frame sliders for the 06-up FJR (seen on fleebey for $15 bucks & others for $90. bucks) , if there all so called Delrin what make them so different from seller to seller (i`m talking about shape & size). I know i should get them for my 07 , but need to buy other stuff first. (winters here & no riding anyway)

Some of them are just bolt on tip over guards, (the cheap ones), or look like real slider bobbins, but use cheap bolts instead of ones designed to bend instead of break off. A grade 8 type bolt will snap in this application, you actually need one softer. High quality sliders come with bolts and spacers designed for this use, rather than generic stuff from the hardware store.

Having road tested some R&G sliders I can tell you they work and are worth the money.

FYI - the Tip over guards bolt up with a 6mm bolt to an existing position and do have merit for parking lot drops. Most people drop their bikes when the sliders and TOGs are sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. It's an easy job, so Git-R-Done.

Delrin sliders/togs will absorb the impact better (with the proper spec bolt) than those made of metal, and therefor less likely to damage the frame or the threads of the mounting bolt.