Frame Touch Up Paint

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinden

Reaction score
Has anyone ever come across touch up paint for the frame of a 2003 FJR?

It is silver but it appears to be different from the color on the fairing etc.

Seems the guys at the shop left me with a small "reminder" of my last visit, by the time I noticed it, the discussion would have been, "oh no, we didn't do that". Not a big mark but I know its there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary (Garauld) gave me good advice. Drive around a parking lot full of cars. Find a car with similar paint color. Mark the make, model and year (if known), and then look up the touch up color on the websites. "Close enough" might do.

I'm not familiar with 2003 frames, I thought they were also aluminum like the others. Maybe not.
I do believe they are aluminum but I'm pretty sure it's not bare aluminum. I didn't think any of them were. Is yours?
Not bare, just coated. And no it's not, it too is painted a silver metallic.

try this .....www.colorrite.com

Already did that, they don't have something for the frame, just the wheels and fairing.
did you try 2006 and newer it will have the frame color

Thanks, you're right, it does have the frame color.

What's odd is, here is the reply I got and they did not mention that :confusedsmiley:

Hello,

Unfortunately we do not have a listing for this frame so we will need the color name & color code from the manufacturer to see if we can make the paint for you. Thanks.