Freaking Fabulous Floorboard Farkles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willie

Reaction score
Got a set of Wynpro passenger floor boards. I didnt get to use em first hand, but MeAsWe (Crystal) says they are the BEST.

We use to ride a C10 Connie and while she was excited about the FJR, she just never lost her love for the Connie. She had trouble getting on and off the FJR because it was just a little bit higher and the Givi box added even some more height. Sitting she would say she was cramping up, her legs were forced into a position that killed her hips after a couple of hours. She still managed to put in 10 hour days, she really is a trooper.

So I was out and about and found myself in Acushnet area so a quick cellular, ride to Wynpro and paid a visit to Dave. I was after the kick stand thing. We got to talking while I was there. He showed me the floor boards and I figured what the hey, MeAsWe birthday is in 1 week. so voila we put the floorboards on too.

From the first moment, that first little step, almost as big as the moon landing one, MeAsWe was in love.

She leaped onto the pillion and made a comment, these are perfect. The real test would be mileage. Sunday we went for a little 300 miler looking for treasure. MeAsWe hips now stay in alignment, no cramping, and can even dismount with authority now.

MeAsWe is giving WynPro Floorboards her 5-Star rating. Maybe I can sell the Connie now. Naw still a nice bike.

Some pics

2268590250094472708S600x600Q85.jpg

2831171890094472708S600x600Q85.jpg

2197123110094472708S600x600Q85.jpg

Oh the kickstand thing works fantastic too ( bike not leaking oil, just where I spilled some)

2269116860094472708S600x600Q85.jpg

Willie

Last edited by a moderator:
Willie;

My wife gets sore hips after a couple hundred miles in the saddle, too. But don't those floorboards get in the way of your heels when your toes are on the pegs? Sure looks like they would.

Scott

Willie;
My wife gets sore hips after a couple hundred miles in the saddle, too. But don't those floorboards get in the way of your heels when your toes are on the pegs? Sure looks like they would.

Scott
Didn't even know they were there. The do fold up and away. Shoe size is 8.5 torqued at Trip E.

Willie

Willie;

Scott
Didn't even know they were there. The do fold up and away. Shoe size is 8.5 torqued at Trip E.

Willie

What did they cost? Easy to install?

I bought a pair of Knifemaker's floorboards last fall. Our first 'real' ride with 'em on was to CFR10 and back - 10-ish days on the road and somewhere around 2500 or 3000 miles.

Sooze likes em.

I second Willie's hoozahs for them. So does Sooze.

If you ride 2-up a lot, they're worth the investment.

To SwollenRaccoon (what the hell kind of name is that, anyway: nevermind - don't wanna know) - no, you can't tell they're there. My boots are something like a size 10 1/2, IIRC.

To airportcop - don't remember what I paid for mine (KM isn't making his at this time, but I think someone else is, or talk to the Wynpro guys), but easy to install? Yes. I'm a mechanical moron and got 'em installed in 3 minutes. Notice on the peg that there are 2 screws that you can remove to replace the rubber pad thingy? That's basically all you're doing. Eazy-peazy.

- KM isn't making his at this time, but I think someone else is, or talk to the Wynpro guys), but easy to install? Yes. I'm a mechanical moron and got 'em installed in 3 minutes. Notice on the peg that there are 2 screws that you can remove to replace the rubber pad thingy? That's basically all you're doing. Eazy-peazy.

Yes, Dave, aka 08FJR4ME , AKA Wynpro...all the same ...... is making them using my basic design. See post #116 for ordering info here:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...0&start=100

KM