Free windscreens

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveD

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've gone from '04 stock, to taller Yammie, to Givi with the flip, to V-Stream. I'm sticking with the old stock screen for summer and the V-Stream for fall, winter, and spring.

Anyway, my tall Yammie and the Givi screens are just taking up space in the garage, so I thought I'd put out this special FJR Forum reader deal: send me $10 to cover the postage, and I'll send you a windscreen. They're both in pretty much pristine shape, though I think the tall Yammie has a slight scratch in it.

One per customer, first replies get 'em. If you want one, specify which you want and include an email address.

Hi folks,
I've gone from '04 stock, to taller Yammie, to Givi with the flip, to V-Stream. I'm sticking with the old stock screen for summer and the V-Stream for fall, winter, and spring.

Anyway, my tall Yammie and the Givi screens are just taking up space in the garage, so I thought I'd put out this special FJR Forum reader deal: send me $10 to cover the postage, and I'll send you a windscreen. They're both in pretty much pristine shape, though I think the tall Yammie has a slight scratch in it.

One per customer, first replies get 'em. If you want one, specify which you want and include an email address.
I'll take that givi off yer hands. [email protected] - do you take paypal or should i send cash or what?

in fairness though - you know you could sell both on ebay, right? or here for that matter. I won't feel good if I don't at least suggest it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take that givi off yer hands. [email protected]
in fairness though - you know you could sell both on ebay, right? or here for that matter. I won't feel good if I don't at least suggest it.
Look at the noobie score the best deal in months!

You, my friend, must have a very positive kharma score. Welcome to the board.

Look at the noobie score the best deal in months!
You, my friend, must have a very positive kharma score. Welcome to the board.

w00t! how's THAT fer a first post!? LOL

actually I was here before but my user account got scrambled somehow and I hadda re-register.

Still the best deal in months though! I never win anything! LOL

:yahoo:

OK, looks like we have a couple of winners.

Mr Huxtable gets the Givi, and Mr SlapnPop gets the Yammie.

(And yeah, I know I could get a few more bucks for them on Ebay, but frankly I'm too lazy.)

Anyway, I'll email you guys my address, and you can email me yours, and let's just trust each other to send the goods.

DaveD, I'm looking at replacing the stock screen on my 06, Givi is one of the screens I'm looking at. could you clue me in on your experience with it. I'm 5'9", don't care for the buffeting with the stock sheild in the up position, and don't want to hide behind a large one. I was thinking the flip on top of the Givi might be the answer.

in order to maintain my good karma - if I like the givi enough to keep it I'm giving away my laminar lip. If not I'll give the givi away.

:crazy:

Airboss: As I emailed to Mr Huxtable this morning regarding the Givi,

"Hope it works for you. It’s not a bad screen and if I was a little shorter I think I would’ve been happy with it. I’m 6’1”, and wear a 44 long jacket, and the turbulence off the top of the screen just always seemed to hit me in some annoying place."

I think the flip at the top does more harm than good. I've used 3 non-flips (stock, taller Yammie, and V-Stream) and all three produce smoother airflow/less turbulence. I think the flip doesn't just throw the air higher; it also roils the air in the process.

You're a little shorter than I, so it might work for you. But if it was me, I'd go for a non-flip model.

Thanks, DaveD, I've been flipping the coin beween the givi and a calsci medium. Think Ill try the Givi, less $$$,

Holy crap, he actually sent me the windscreen...LOL

it arrived on Saturday, I'm sending cash today. I rode in to work today, it's slightly better than stock but less effective than the laminar/stock combo. On the bright side, the Laminar combo is hard to clean and just looks weird to me. I like the givi enough to keep it fer 10 bucks, anyways :)

Oh well. The check goes in the mail today or tomorrow -THANKS!

Whichever you do not want I would give a try.
pm or email me with an address, I have the extra velcro fasteners they sent with it so you should need nothing. I can certify the velcro to hold up to about 125. here's a pic:

https://www.huxtablejones.com/gallery/Motor...eStuff/100_1934

cost is same, 10 bucks fer shipping.

Ah, what the hell. I'll play this game too.

I just ordered a CalSci. I have a stocker and a rifle shield (I think it's rifle anyway - take a look at the pics below and you tell me) I inherited when I bought my '03. It's smoke tinted and seems in fairly good condition; certainly no major scratching. It's free (plus shipping) to whomever's interested.

PM me with your address and I'll check shipping costs. Or, if you're in the DC/VA/MD area just swing by and it's yours. I'm going to be a little selfish and give those in my area first dibs so I don't have to bother with shipping. But if there aren't any takers by 5pm EST tomorrow, it's open to whomever puts dibs on it first.

If PayPal's the answer, I'll set up the account to take payment.

Sorry for the jumbo pics, but thought you'd like closeups - not that you should care since it's free for God's sake! :D

Kids2006165.jpg

Kids2006166.jpg

I'll take it Cope! PM paypal address & I'l send you buckers

Edited: I see your note about shipping. If you don't mind holding on to it f/ a little bit, I'll get up there to pick it up if'n you don't want to ship.

Mine arrived yesterday! I haven't opened the box yet, been busy with all the international guests!

I'll take it Cope! PM paypal address & I'l send you buckers
Edited: I see your note about shipping. If you don't mind holding on to it f/ a little bit, I'll get up there to pick it up if'n you don't want to ship.
luvtoride - it's all yours. I'll be happy to hold onto it for you. You probably won't want it until it gets cooler outside anyway. I might also be down your way again soon. If so, I'll bring it along (somehow).

Cope

The love here is just amazing.

Anyone got anything in Oregon they want to give away free to me?? :blink: