free windshield screws

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind sending on a couple extra to folks, I know how easily they strip out as well.
My only request is if I send you some screws (which I'll ship for free too, provided it isn't too much) that you become part of the FJR assistance list if you can. There is a link my sig if you would like to be put on the list.

I've already helped a few folks due to that list and I'm sure I'll need someone's help at some point in the future too.

Glen
Already on it, but that's a great idea! :)

I can see why FJReady ran out of them so fast, I already have about 8 people that want them, and I haven't even gotten them yet!

I think I am already maxed out since it is only a 100ct bag!

Got the screws and put them in already, I can see why you might need washers but I didn't use any when I put mine on and it seems pretty tight. I'll be sending them out after the weekend since I am going out of town.

Here is what I have so far:

name, amount

Cibrd0wn, 4

bikemiser, 7

SacramentoMike, 7

puppychow, 9

azokie, 4

cadman, 7

cajw,7

dll,3

Looks like I'm going to have about 50 left over so far if anyone else wants some let me know. I'm going to mail these out tomorrow but I wont be able to mail any after that for a week or so.

Glen

EDIT: Added 2 more folks

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I just found out I'm not going to be able to mail these out tomorrow so they'll have to wait for a week, sorry about that.

Glen

Ok, mailing out the ones that I have addresses for today and updated the list 2 posts above to reflect member name and # of screws

Glen

No problem and judging from the response these screws may be a nice "give-away" gift at NAFO...
If you still have some of those screws, I could use 8. I only have 4 currently and one of the heads is stripped!

Thanks for your offer.

Just for future reference, McMaster-Carr also has matching nylon washers (Part No. 95610A360). Their OD is almost identical to the OEM fasteners. One word of caution, you cannot use the washers under the top two fasteners. There is not enough clearance for the W cover. At $4.06/100 for the washers and $8.17/100 for the screws, adding $4.25 for freight, for the cost of six or seven OEM fasteners you get a lifetime supply. The M-C stuff is also more robust and seems to withstand screw driver torture much better.

Got an envelope in the mail yesterday from Glen (Kirillian) with a mittful of windshield screws. Kewl! Now I can crank those puppies down as tight as I want. Switched to the stock screen for summer the other day and dropped one--had a HELL of a time finding it. How can a screw dropped from about 30 inches bounce 7 feet? But it did. Nice to have a reserve. Thanks a big bunch, Glen.
beer.gif

Glad to hear yall can use them, and you're very welcome. I have another 4-5 people in the queue that I'm going to send some to. I'll get those out this weekend and that will be the last of the spare screws I have.

Just ordered some of these myself with washers. PM me if you need any, just cover the cost of shipping them for me. Order should be here Wednesday, Feb 22, 2012.