Friday Wrenching

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkirk

Reaction score
Intalled Brodies ground spider harness...check

Intalled NGK CR8 EIX Iridiums...check

Installed Powerlet rearset...check

Change oil - Amsoil 10w-40 and Yammy filter...check

Change Diff - Mobile 1 synthetic...check

Lubed cables...check

Ordered new tires...check

Purchased Honda Moly 60 Paste for the drive shaft splines...check

Filled up tank and added Stabil...check

Enjoying some Kentucky Bourbon Beer and Miller Lites...check

Pizza in the oven...check

Beer buzz really staring to kick in...check

Couldn't think of a better way to spend a vacation day on a Friday...check

Now bring on spring...I'm ready!!!

In case you didn't run the engine after putting in the Stabil (you're probably going to want to do it). And if you are going to start the bike up that one more time (to get the Stabil gas into the injection system) you'll probably want to get the engine completely up to temperature....................so, it looks like you need just that one last ride before putting 'her' up till Spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoying some Kentucky Bourbon Beer...
I looked this stuff up. It is only available in Kentucky and Ohio :cry:
It is tasty to say the least, their micro-brew is in Lexington, Ky and then they age the beer in spent bourbon barrels. Not only does it taste good, but the 8% alcohol by volume will get your attention also...that's why I mix a few Miller Lites in the evening also. I live a few short hours from the Ky Bourbon Trail and a rode trip to that area tends to happen every couple of months or so. My favorites, Woodford Reserve and Makers for sippin.

In case you didn't run the engine after putting in the Stabil (you're probably going to want to do it). And if you are going to start the bike up that one more time (to get the Stabil gas into the injection system) you'll probably want to get the engine completely up to temperature....................so, it looks like you need just that one last ride before putting 'her' up till Spring.

Check, I added the Stabil at the station and then rode 8 or 10 miles before parking it in my garage. Thanks for the heads up though!