Frogg Togg - Nice rain gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
My next door neighbor has three Harleys, and is still a great guy!

:D

He raved about how much he likes his Frogg Togg rain gear. Even loaned me a pair to try out.

It gets pretty damn hot around here and we get hurricanes to boot. Just received my new Frogg Toggs in the purdy blue color and I am very impressed for the bucks.

I bought the Angler version because it has a bib overall pant that provides better coverage than regular pants, especially at high speed. Easy to slip in/out of, even over boots. Rolls up into a nice sized ball and stuff it into the carry bag.

Kids' suits just came out. Ordered one for my girls. Will give some feedback on it when it arrives soon.

Frogg Togg Angler Rain Suit

I've had Frogg Toggs for several years. They were purchased at the CW Show in Chicago as there is no dealer around here. Excellent product: light, breathable but one does stay DRY with them on. DFO :p

Does anyone know a retailer for these either around Chicago or Springfield, IL, that might have a wide range of sizes? Visiting there in 10 days and would like to pick-up suits for both my wife and myself. Thanks!

Does anyone know a retailer for these either around Chicago or Springfield, IL, that might have a wide range of sizes? Visiting there in 10 days and would like to pick-up suits for both my wife and myself. Thanks!
Bass Pro Shops.

6112 W. Grand Avenue

Gurnee, IL

Phone: 847-856-1229

Might want to call them first to make sure. They list the products online - not sure if they have all of the styles in the store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be the only negative for Frogg Toggs.

I purchased a set after seeing all of the cudos they got on the motorcycle forums.

Never again will I waste my money on these. They were crap. The very first time I wore them was in a hard sustained downpour. Can you say "wet crotch"? And not a wet crotch for good reasons. Also, the pocket ripped first use... & believe me... I'm not hard on my gear.

The length of these is not good for sitting on a motorcycle, either. The bottom of my pants were sticking out the bottom w/ no other choice other than stuffing them up inside... & I'm 5'-8". If stuffed, I couldn't get the lame zippered cuff closed. It's not like I'm 6 foot or something.

Also a weak point... the neck won't cinch tight so the rain will go in via your neck area.

I've decided to invest in some good durable rain gear. Thinking about the First Gear Rainman.

luvtoride - interesting about the wet crotch and the Toggs.

I have ridden in rain so hard it was laughable that I was even out in it and never gotten so much as damp. Never had any problems with the collar or neck area either and I am 5'8" and 145 pounds.

This is the same rain where my buddy with the high dollar Aerostitch one piece had a very wet crotch from the rain.

But, YMMV.

luvtoride - interesting about the wet crotch and the Toggs.
I have ridden in rain so hard it was laughable that I was even out in it and never gotten so much as damp. Never had any problems with the collar or neck area either and I am 5'8" and 145 pounds.

This is the same rain where my buddy with the high dollar Aerostitch one piece had a very wet crotch from the rain.

But, YMMV.

Believe me, I've heard "nothing" but good on FT's... that's why I bought them. I'm 5'8" & about 200 lbs. Granted, not small... but not huge, either. The Toggs weren't small on me. They were a size large. The jacket was big on me & the pants fit ok... weren't tight but probably could've worn the next size up w/o being uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, the ability to mix sizes between top & bottom doesn't exist w/ the Toggs.

Just a few weeks ago 2 other riders & I ran thru the remnants of that tropical storm that hit Florida. I think that it was Alberto. We ran @ highway speed for 4 hours in downpours. My crotch was soaked. Also of disappointment was the length of the pants & the amount of my leg that they'd cover while I was seated on my bike. A rider w/ more than a 30"-31" inseam is going to be disappointed in the length of a size large.

Anyway, I'm just sharing my experience & what I found. These may have been made on a Friday. I don't know. What I do know is that there were enough problems w/ the length of the pants, the ill fit around the ankle cuff with the lame ass zipper, the extra large neck area that doesn't cinch & the ripped pocket upon first wearing to tell me that I'm not going to spend another 50 bucks on a set to see if my set was made on a Friday.

The one rider of the three of us that remained completely dry was wearing the First Gear Rainman suit. It'll cost almost twice as much as the Toggs but hell... they work, are motorcycle specific & the jacket & pants can be ordered in different sizes. They also pack within themselves & aren't huge when packed down.

Heidi

Edit to add: did I mention that these are not really easy to get on and off over boots? Well, they are difficult... not impossible... but not easy, either.

[Anyway, I'm just sharing my experience & what I found. These may have been made on a Friday. I don't know. What I do know is that there were enough problems w/ the length of the pants, the ill fit around the ankle cuff with the lame ass zipper, the extra large neck area that doesn't cinch & the ripped pocket upon first wearing to tell me that I'm not going to spend another 50 bucks on a set to see if my set was made on a Friday.
You might have tried letting the vendor know... wouldn't be the first time I saw a company replace stuff that tore/broke/was defective.

You might have tried letting the vendor know... wouldn't be the first time I saw a company replace stuff that tore/broke/was defective.

Well, the thought crossed my mind groo... but there was so many other things that I wasn't pleased with that I'd really rather not settle for something that just isn't right for me. I spend a lot of time on my bike racking up miles & touring in the mountains. I really don't want to settle for something that I've already tried & am definitely not pleased with.

These probably work well for the majority. Beware of these if you are tall or either 1/2 of you is in between sizes, though. The length... that really bothered me about these.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them, Heidi. 4+ years with my FTs and thousands of rain miles and have never had a problem with them. The first year was on a CBR600 with minimal protection from the elements.

Guess they aren't for everyone, but, they work great for me.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with them, Heidi. 4+ years with my FTs and thousands of rain miles and have never had a problem with them. The first year was on a CBR600 with minimal protection from the elements.Guess they aren't for everyone, but, they work great for me.
See Randy, your opinion is the same as I'd been hearing... that's why I bought them.

I bought a size larger than really "fits", so the pants would be long enough.

Also, need to point out that I bought the "Angler" suit. Basically like Bib Overalls with a jacket.

Keeps the rain from blowing in around the waist etc.

Still love them so much that I bought a second set for kids. Still has my vote.

Sorry to hear about anyone having a bad experience with them.