Frogg Togg - Nice rain gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
luvtoride,

I have to say that I love my FT's as well as so many others here...and hate that you have had a bad experience with yours.

After I got mine, a BMW buddy mentioned to me that the home office for FT's is in a small town in North Alabama that I frequent 2 or 3 days a week on business. Didn't even know it.

So I printed out this thread this morning and think I will deliver it to their office the next time I am in Guntersville, which should be either today or next Tuesday. And while you seem convinced that the product is not for you, I think they would like to know that they have an unhappy customer...at least their website indicates that!

You never know, it may help or it may not. Been wanting to stop by for awhile now but have been too busy.

Not wanting to get into your business but thought you would like to know.

Ride safe.

Jay

luvtoride,I have to say that I love my FT's as well as so many others here...and hate that you have had a bad experience with yours.

After I got mine, a BMW buddy mentioned to me that the home office for FT's is in a small town in North Alabama that I frequent 2 or 3 days a week on business. Didn't even know it.

So I printed out this thread this morning and think I will deliver it to their office the next time I am in Guntersville, which should be either today or next Tuesday. And while you seem convinced that the product is not for you, I think they would like to know that they have an unhappy customer...at least their website indicates that!

You never know, it may help or it may not. Been wanting to stop by for awhile now but have been too busy.

Not wanting to get into your business but thought you would like to know.

Ride safe.

Jay
Jay, you're not butting in at all. After all this is a public forum. Please do let them know what people are thinking. I see that there was a comment made about ordering the next size up. The problem here is the jacket was already huge on me & like I said... the pants were ok fitting until I sat on my bike. Then the pants drew up to the top of my boots. Also, my mesh pants (w/ an inseam length of 32") were longer than the toggs. The only way to get the mesh pants full rain coverage was to shove them up inside... & then it was next to impossible to get the zipper for the ankles closed. Also, they became very tight in the knee area because they were too short. You mean to tell me none of you tall guys have had this problem? That amazes me. They really need to allow you to mix and match sizes. Maybe offer tall sizes (which I didn't figure that I'd need only being 5'-8")? The length of mine were cheese... & not good cheese. This is not mentioning any of the other problems.

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know a retailer for these either around Chicago or Springfield, IL, that might have a wide range of sizes? Visiting there in 10 days and would like to pick-up suits for both my wife and myself. Thanks!
Bass Pro Shops.

6112 W. Grand Avenue

Gurnee, IL

Phone: 847-856-1229

Might want to call them first to make sure. They list the products online - not sure if they have all of the styles in the store.
Thanks Randy - we'll drop in there next week! Any receommendations on a bike or accessories shop with a good range of mesh riding pants in the area? We bought FirstGear mesh jackets through NewEnough, which fit great, but I'm leery to buy pants without trying them on first.

Thanks Randy - we'll drop in there next week! Any receommendations on a bike or accessories shop with a good range of mesh riding pants in the area? We bought FirstGear mesh jackets through NewEnough, which fit great, but I'm leery to buy pants without trying them on first.
Dave,

I don't live in the area. Suggesting you checkout the midwest section and thumb through the posts to find the Chicago area riders to get some guidance. For example, this post might get you started.

Good luck and safe travels.