Frogg Togg Pro Action Rainsuit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR1300Jeff

Reaction score
Do you guys use "Frogg Togg Pro Action Rainsuit" ?

I was thinging of getting it and saw it on the internet for about $50.00. Any better suggestions....Beside don't ride in the rain if you don't want to get wet!! LOL :huh:

Thanks

I've had my FTs for about 3 years and have thousands of rain miles on them. They work great and are very durable. They're somewhat breathable also, so, makes those hot rainy days a bit more bearable.

Agree

Just be VERY carefull around any type of heat (like exhaust) I have a melted hole in the right leg of mine from the briefist of contact with the exhaust. :eek:

Toophast

I'm a FT lover. Had mine for several years+60,000Km. They are not only great in the rain but cut the cold /wind beautifully. I like the fact you can get them BIG allowing me to put them on in just a few minutes without hassel. (If you tear them do not try an iron on patch (pffft!). A little patch using the carry bag material or two sided tape with silicon will work just fine thank you)

38906388-L.jpg

I like my togg's too! ;) affordable and breathable, suitable for both hot, cool and humid conditions. Very hard to beat for the price. A+

I too, am a Togg rider. Very comfortable and totally dry and breathable.

I have ridden in rain that was coming down so hard I was laughing in my helmet for being so stupid to be out in it and I was dry and warm.

I eventually invested in good riding gear. Something with impact and abraision, venting, etc. Since then I've never needed a rain suit. Saves space on the bike for important stuff and, if it starts raining, I just zip the vents shut. No need to stop and dance the rainsuit boogie on the side of the road.

I also use Frogg Toggs, I agree with all that has been said about them, also they take up little space in your bags.

Hello,

I just bought some SAMS specials around 30 bucks can't say they breath and being in the humidity they cause you to cook the few times I have had to wear them over my gear, dare I ask where I would find the the frog toggs on the lilly pad if I wanted to try them out

Hello,
I just bought some SAMS specials around 30 bucks can't say they breath and being in the humidity they cause you to cook the few times I have had to wear them over my gear, dare I ask where I would find the the frog  toggs on the lilly pad if I wanted to try them out
I've got a set of Walmart specials. They were fairly inexpensive & work... but breathing??? What's that!

I'm definitely going to get a set of Frogg Toggs. I'm betting that any of your better sporting goods/hunting shops, etc will have them for trying on. I'm doing that & then buying off of Ebay.

Also, I've invested in good riding gear. I don't need to worry about rain when I'm in my winter gear. The mesh... another story. I JUST bought new mesh gear & weighed whether I wanted waterproof liners in the pants & jacket or not. I decided against it for 2 reason.

#1 - If it starts to rain, I'd have to stop, take my gear off, take out the waterproof liners from the side case, install them & put the gear back on. If anyone has put a removable liner in a pair of pants knows what a pain in the ass it truly is. With Frogg toggs I can stop, pull out the rain gear & put it on. For me, this was an absolute no-brainer.

#2 - the price... the difference in price between gear that had waterproof liners (for top & bottom) vs. a good pair of Frogg Toggs was significant to me (about 40-50 dollars total). I'm going w/o the waterproof liners & buying a good pair of Frogg Toggs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks,

We actually have a bass pro shop close, I'm going to check them out.

I have to agree, I really like my alter ego jacket but the liner is a pain and it is like being in a sauna, have not bough any pants other than joe rocket mesh, just want something to pull over if I am going slow enough for the rain to get through the weave

I've found that some motorcycle shops are carrying them as well, at least in the Northwest. Cycle Gear is the one I most reacently saw with a suit, but that was A suit, singular.

I bought my mother a set, and she loves them, uses them doing a postal carrier route along the coast. They can wear through, but it takes a few years, and LOTS of abrasion on one point.

I just bought a set of Frog Toggs, and returned them because of leg length.

I wear a 34" inseam in pants and that was the inseam length of the Frogg Toggs size large I ordered. Fine for standing , but seated on the bike they need to be about 5" longer.

Not knocking them, seem like a very good product for emergency rain riding.