Front Brakes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron, that's an incredible picture... !

Run down your list... starting with bleeding the brakes, then fluid, etc... you'll most likely get them working up to your expectations.

Wow! Already making a mental note... in the "places to visit someday" file ... Lake Louise... Salmon Glacier Road....

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep us informed about your "brake improvement". My '05 ABS front brakes are no where near as positive as my '04 non-ABS.

I bled them and got a minute amount of air and that seemed to help but they still felt soft. I replaced the fluid last month and that seemed to improve them greatly...but they still are not as positive as the fronts of the non-ABS '04. It could be that the amount of fluid in the ABS system (or the system itself) has something to do with it.

Mine is now much more live-able, but not "sportbike" solid. It could be that I've gotten used to the feel of the '05. If I wre switching back and forth between bikes I might notice any "softness" to the feel of the front brake handle.

05 Non ABS I have not had a problem Two finger most somtimes they seem to work too well as I use fronts

90/10 to rears I do wish I had ABS though.