Front end noises

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willieiso118

Reaction score
Anyone else hearing rattling noises up front? Is there anywhere specific i should look where the bike tends to throw gravel or sand? Am i being way to sensitive because all bikes with that much plastic rattle? cheers W

My '06 rattles more than my '04 did in the front. Part of it is the brake rotor/pad set up. I notice a little less rattle when I grab a little brake, so I assume some of it is the brake. Don't know where the rest is coming from.

B)

Well I sure do - it sounds like something is loose in the nose whenever I hit a bump or go over rough pavement. I tried applying the brakes lightly when a rattle-activating bump is coming up, but no difference. I have had the fairing off twice looking for something loose - found several missing push-pin connectors, along with several bolts that weren't tight - including steering stem nut (could turn with fingers), left side engine mount (1/4 turn w/ torque wrench to tighten), horn mounting bracket, left fork tube clamp, front fender mounting bolts and windshield mounting bolts. No difference. Just about the time I decide that I am just going to have to live with it, I will hit a bump and think "Dang - what is that?"

I know this doesn't help - but I feel your pain.