Front Suspension Upgrade Worth It?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]AND............[/SIZE]
As much as I KNOW I will regret this...... :rolleyes:

I am about to launch another Group Buy on suspension hardware, which includes fork rebuilds, and a price that leaves the spendy (though very good) Traxxion cartridges in the dust.

Should launch on Monday.... standby..... this will include all model year FJRs, including the 2007.....
I think i will need to call your bluff... I am waiting to see just how your new GB will blow away the AK-20, Unless it's by the price point only. I am really happy with my Traxxion AK-20 kit. :rolleyes:

To paraphrase Dale, "are we going to f$%^&*$ do this or not? " Ian, Iowa

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious if this is still in the works. I need to replace my rear shock and would like to take advantage of a group buy if one is taking place. If not, I'll start looking at my options.

Canadian FJR

As I have said before best improvement you can make and mprove the performance of the bike.

I hope He is setting up the G.B. with GPsuspensions again great to work with. When I got Mine done i put a super brace

on it and and the suspension perform sas it should. ie: Just get in a corner a little to fast and you need to bend it in there to get around to complete the corner safetly, you will be glad you have it. Also my bike tracks straight when you let go of the handle bard and no shake from the avons either..

you ride than decide what you need for you

I am happy with the Wilbers rear spring/shock on my '05. The bike now has 20,000 miles, and I plan to replace the (original) front suspension oil this winter. My question is for those who have replaced the progressive front springs with a straight rate spring or maybe the Traxxion Dynamics cartridge: Was it worth it, and would you do it again? My riding style is "somewhat" spirited but not Jeff Ashe nuts. I've ridden the bike on the track at VIR, and thought her handling was fine (The rider was the limiting factor!). So, is the marginal improvement in handling worth the cost? Thanks for your input!
Jim

I went to race tech springs before I replaced my rear shock. The 2 together are great. Well worth it and the cost from my shop was about $350 for springs and labor. The spings are constant rate 1.0 I am big person. :yahoo:

Hard to describe the difference if you've never rode an FJR with great suspension, makes it an even more capable bike ! Thanks Dave (GPSuspension) for the awesome performance I now have out of the suspension.... :good:

Yeah, someone else rode my bike yesterday. Once back in the garage, he looked under the front and said, "Youou don't have a superbrace!?!?"

Uhm, nope! Since upgrading the front springs and raising the fork-oil wt. to 7.5, the bike handles so well I never put it back on.

It makes that much difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]AND............[/SIZE]
As much as I KNOW I will regret this...... :rolleyes:

I am about to launch another Group Buy on suspension hardware, which includes fork rebuilds, and a price that leaves the spendy (though very good) Traxxion cartridges in the dust.

Should launch on Monday.... standby..... this will include all model year FJRs, including the 2007.....
Sorry to aggrevate, but I AM ready to buy a new rear shock! I can get by with a Penske, but what's the story here?