Front turn signals / marker lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Jekyll

Reaction score
Has anyone retrofitted different amber light assemblies on their FJR or change the actual lens to increase visibility? I'm trying to increase the visibility of the bike duringt he day. I've thought of amber lights facing forward but I'm also trying to avoid getting smacked by the inattentive lane changers.

Lights won't help for lane changers. They aren't looking anyway, so how would they see more lights? :p

I've wondered about something like what some cars use as daytime running lights, when they can't use their headlights, like the C5 Corvette. It's the parking light, but brighter, it seems.

As for visibility, I don't see brighter making it more visible. Flashing or blinking, yes, but brighter, no. The eye is drawn to changing light, but then folks think you're riding with your hazard lights on.

Maybe a flashing yellow on the top of your helmet.

(I did see a rider a couple of days ago with flashing red LEDs on the back of his helmet.)

I know from my experince that I see cars with the new led markers like Audis and Mercedes alot sooner than I see other cars so I figure something similar couldn't hurt. I don't know why Yamaha didn't make the halogens brighter or totally amber, don't understand the half amber / clear concept.