Front wheel lift by Venom

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine will lift the front wheel by itself going into third gear.
Perhaps, but is it up there long enough for you to be able to remove the front wheel? I'd like to see that ;-)

There have been alot of interesting comments on this thread. For me the jury is still out although Niehart's technique seems favorable to me.

A quick tip I use is a cheap scissor style jack from any small car from the last 20 years ( I used a ford jack now) It won't leak down and I can crank it up with a wrench to lift the front. :)

I'm going to attempt to replace a leaky front fork seal and decided to invest in a Black Widow lift that seems highly configurable and should be able to lift on the tangs mentioned in previous posts. The lift I found on Discount Ramps is less than $70 with shipping and is a scissor type lift.

I have one of the Craftsman lift jacks which I picked up thru a local forum for $50. Best investment ever, just ahead of my Harbor Freight bike lift (the platform) because I can lift dirt bikes and my DR without messing with the full-size lift.