Frustrated with Yamaha, considering BMW

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, I wouldn't plan on doing business with Main Line BMW, they're probably not gonna be around too much longer. My BMW riding bud talked to a friend at BMW corporate about his valve/service problems & it turns out corporate doesn't expect Main Line to be around too much longer because they're losing mucho $$$ every month, with no sunny skies in site. They just can't sell enough bikes & clothes to get to the positive side of the ledger.

Bob's is the only place I would consider at this point, if I were a Bimmer guy. Take you a little while to get there, you know, over the 50 bridge at Annapolis & then up the road a piece, but they have a rep that just doesn't quit. Saturdays are like a mini convention there. Free coffee, donuts & a room full of like minded owners, etc. Also, I think they have loaner bikes for when your bike is in for service...

YMMV, AFAIK, no connection to any dealer past or present, etc etc

Offer still stands, PM me if interested.

"The GT sucks compared to the FJR. Feels top heavy in comparison. Saddle bags can't even hold a full face helmet. A hasty intro to market for sure"

Top heavy maybe, but the bags will hold more than the FJRs including full face helmets.

I've spent many hours on the new GT, I like the FJR better and so do the owners of the GT I play with, but it's still a great bike...

Whip

Last edited by a moderator:
"The GT sucks compared to the FJR. Feels top heavy in comparison. Saddle bags can't even hold a full face helmet. A hasty intro to market for sure"
Top heavy maybe, but the bags will hold more than the FJRs including full face helmets.

I've spent many hours on the new GT, I like the FJR better and so do the owners of the GT I play with, but it's still a great bike...

Whip
I was referring to 2005 GT (I test rode) which couldn't hold a full face helmet in the left or right saddlebags. Left saddlebag was also compromised because of exhaust cut-out. All that may be minor to most, but bottom line, I didn't feel comfortable riding the GT compared to FJR. I felt the BMW to be top heavy compared to FJR.

BMW GT is a great bike too, but it's certainly NOT better than the FJR. Then do the $$ math.