• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS - Garmin Zumo 550 - Original Box, 100% complete - $475

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Jones

Reaction score
For sale is my gently used Garmin Zumo 550 Motorcycle GPS unit.

I have the original box, books, packaging and mounts. It is 100% complete.

PM for details and pics.. I plan to post pics soon.

As promised, here are some pics..Click here to view my pics on Picasaweb

I also have the padded carrying case and special screwdriver for the locking mechanism on the cradles, they are not illustrated because they are locked under my saddle and I didn't want to take it off to snap photos of them.

Please note: The tech mount is not included, I'm going to re-use that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am out...not a problem with the unit...just reviewed the cash situation with wifey.

She wants heated gear...besides all the other gear I will be purchasing for her for the upcoming riding season.

Good luck on the sale. :clapping:

Below are some questions and my responses about the unit if anyone's interested.

Did you get unlimited map updates for this product? I did not. The maps on the unit are circa June 2010. But I’ve never been “off the map” so it’s pretty reliable.

I know you are keeping your techmount, but does the cradle that you have fit a Ram Ball? Or what kind of mount would I need? Yes, there is a full ram-mount cradle and mount along with all hardware required to mount to any bike. There is also a suction cup mount for use with a windshield in a car.

How old is this unit? The unit is about 18 months old.

I see the registration of 2010...are you the first purchaser, did you buy it new? I did not buy it new, the person I bought it from didn’t mount/use it on a bike, it was given to him as a gift.

How many miles has it been on your bike? I’ve had it on the bike about 3000 miles, but never in severe climate or conditions, and always garaged at night.

It looks really clean, I don't see any scratches on the screen...are there any? I am not aware of any scratches on the unit or the screen. It is in perfect condition.

I assume all the functions work (all the buttons and screens, music, etc.) Do they? Yes, and it’s been updated to the most current firmware/software. All software will also ship with the unit.

Bump - Last chance before this hits eBay. On eBay these are selling for up to $565 used, I'm asking $475. Make me an offer (be reasonable).

I've carefully uninstalled the unit from my FJR and restored it to factory defaults. It will come with everything a brand new one has, including the original box. Also a 1GB SD card for storing your trip data or mp3 music and images, etc.

The unit is flawless, never dropped and has been garaged every night. This has everything you need, all mounts (RAM and suction cup for auto) 2 cradles, all wiring options.

See link below for pics. If you need more pics, just PM me. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. My eBay id is PEJ7445 so check me out and you'll see that I'm a reliable and honest seller.

I also have the padded carrying case and special screwdriver for the locking mechanism on the cradles, they are not illustrated because they are locked under my saddle and I didn't want to take it off to snap photos of them.

Now on eBay... $450 and it's yours, free shipping to lower 48.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/260931979836

Bump - Last chance before this hits eBay. On eBay these are selling for up to $565 used, I'm asking $475. Make me an offer (be reasonable).

I've carefully uninstalled the unit from my FJR and restored it to factory defaults. It will come with everything a brand new one has, including the original box. Also a 1GB SD card for storing your trip data or mp3 music and images, etc.

The unit is flawless, never dropped and has been garaged every night. This has everything you need, all mounts (RAM and suction cup for auto) 2 cradles, all wiring options.

See link below for pics. If you need more pics, just PM me. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. My eBay id is PEJ7445 so check me out and you'll see that I'm a reliable and honest seller.

Last edited by a moderator: