FTompa tuning block

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XWinger

Reaction score
Just installed the tuning block I purchased from forum member FTompa. Very well made quality piece. Using it with a V-Stream & I think I have finally found the perfect combination. All the way down my helmet is in a totally smooth air flow just like a unfaired bike. As you raise the shield you dont experience any turbulance & by the time the shield is 3/4 of the way up you are in a totally still air pocket with zero buffeting! :clapping:

Forgive my Ignorance XWinger and CAJW, but I have no idea what a tuning block is. Since you both refer to a windscreen as well, I must assume the tuning block is associated with the windscreen. Now I'd like to avoid changing my stock windscreen ... but I am keeping my options open. Can you explain what the tuning block does please?

It samples the frequency of the airflow over the screen and adjusts the pitch,tone,treble,and volume and magically tunes them for perfect opera house sound.. ;)

Actually it's a block installed under the screen that tilt's and raises it several degrees.

Where the hell is Frank? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive my Ignorance XWinger and CAJW, but I have no idea what a tuning block is. Since you both refer to a windscreen as well, I must assume the tuning block is associated with the windscreen. Now I'd like to avoid changing my stock windscreen ... but I am keeping my options open. Can you explain what the tuning block does please?
Like Bust says, it makes things right with the universe! Here's a pic of mine which mounts between the actuator arm and windscreen frame bracket.

Tuningblock005.jpg

Like Bust says, it makes things right with the universe! Here's a pic of mine which mounts between the actuator arm and windscreen frame bracket.
Thanks Guys! My universe is now that much clearer!