Fun ride into Mexico Yesterday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malve

Reaction score
I've only got 2,000 miles on my '06 and 3/4 is from commuting a few days a week.

but I actualy had a great ride yesterday....just winged it and worked out great.

East on the 94 through Jamul

and then crossed the border down into Tecate Mexico

Southwest to Ensenada

Beautiful ride North along the coast stopping in "La Fonda" for a cheap lobster meal overlooking the ocean (only one Del Sol allowed) and then home. Border wait was long but split lanes and got accross in 15 minutes.

Let's make this a group ride next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in, it would be a 3 day ride for me! Am hungry for the red snail (conch) prepared ranch style at Marisco's Ensenada, Yum! :clapping:

Count me in as well. I've made the ride down to Tecate a few times and the 94 is nice as long as you're not stuck behind too many trucks.

Sounds like fun.

So you wait until after I leave to go on a ride like that :angry2:

Sorry I missed it :(

Maybe I will make it back one day, sounds like fun (- the border wait)

What did you do for Mexicali insurance?

Or was that also part of the "winging it"

So you wait until after I leave to go on a ride like that :angry2:
Sorry I missed it :(

Maybe I will make it back one day, sounds like fun (- the border wait)

What did you do for Mexicali insurance?

Or was that also part of the "winging it"

Count me in. It would be nice to see ensenada on a bike.

Damn! I love riding to Mexico.

Two years ago this Thankgiving a good compadre of mine led a group of 4 skooters down to Cabo San Lucas and back. That is my all time favorite motorcycling adventure. All of us were from Arizona, so we entered Mexico at Tecate, and spent our first night in Ensenada. It is a great ride.

Since then have done two overnighters to Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco) only. I missed two other 4 day trips - one to Ensenada and San Felipe, and another that happend two weeks ago to San Carlos. (Damned broken collarbone.)

Riding in Mexico is simply the best of times.

I've been seriously thinking about making the same ride through Tecate. Definitely keep us posted about your next run... If I can swing it I'm definitely in!

I've only got 2,000 miles on my '06 and 3/4 is from commuting a few days a week. but I actualy had a great ride yesterday....just winged it and worked out great.

East on the 94 through Jamul

and then crossed the border down into Tecate Mexico

Southwest to Ensenada

Beautiful ride North along the coast stopping in "La Fonda" for a cheap lobster meal overlooking the ocean (only one Del Sol allowed) and then home. Border wait was long but split lanes and got accross in 15 minutes.

Let's make this a group ride next time.
Malve,

Sounds like a great ride. I have been tempted to do Baja on the FJR

but it's mostly off road for me there.

Just following up on the possibilty of photos of the ride.

Larry

[Just following up on the possibilty of photos of the ride.

Larry]

I didn't take any pics on that ride