Fuse Block + Relay = Fuzeblock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDRydr

A Homeless Nomad
Reaction score
I just spotted this on the LDRider list. Iron Butt Rally veteran Curt Gran has developed a fuse block with a built-in relay, and the ability to easily choose to have devices switched with power or not. Brilliant design, smaller than the Blue Sea block, and looks to be only slightly larger than the Centech block.

I was just about to wire in a Centech block I had from a previous bike, but just ordered one of these to install instead.

To top it off his website has a plethora of motorcycle electrial info. And ya gotta love his tagline, "Our Stuff Blows" (so your stuff doesn't).

No affiliation, YMMV, etc. LINK to site

Please let me know where you place it and if it works. Also where you get your switched source. This seems like a clean solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
My only complaint in looking at the package is the screws on the cover. Have to have a tool to change a fuse under the seat. Change them out for thumbies. Otherwise all of the hardware is straight forward, and looks well laid out.

Now this is a cool package, LDRydr! Slightly longer and narrower than the Centech AP-1, but more compact and just a bit more expensive. Much more compact than the 6-circuit BlueSea fuse box, for only half again as much money. One pays for small...

This would be a better fit under the "C" panel on the dash of my '05 than the AP-1 that currently (no pun intended) sits there.

Nice find!

That is a sweet set-up (and I just tossed my CenTech). Spendy, but sweet. I like the variable switched/constant hot option, too. Thanks for the link.

This looks like a great product; should help clean up wiring. BTW I mounted my Centech block under the rear seat on the inside of the rear fender-plenty of room. I drilled holes thru the fender used rubber washers and silicone to waterproof, no trouble in 4 years. This location allows easy access to change fuses. I'd post pxs but too stupid. Ian, Iowa

Very nice..I new if I waited something better would come along

Thanks!

Cary

I just spotted this on the LDRider list. Iron Butt Rally veteran Curt Gran has developed a fuse block with a built-in relay, and the ability to easily choose to have devices switched with power or not. Brilliant design, smaller than the Blue Sea block, and looks to be only slightly larger than the Centech block.
I was just about to wire in a Centech block I had from a previous bike, but just ordered one of these to install instead.

To top it off his website has a plethora of motorcycle electrial info. And ya gotta love his tagline, "Our Stuff Blows" (so your stuff doesn't).

No affiliation, YMMV, etc. LINK to site

This looks pretty sweet. I do love the slogan....

Have you got it in yet? Would love to see some pics of the install....

-colin

He only produces these in small batches (for now) and LDRydr and I got the last ones he had from his first production run. (Mine should arrive Monday or Tuesday.)

Mine arrived today... what a work of art. You guys will not be disappointed. The unit is constructed very well and the small foot print will fit nicely under the seating area of the FJR.

Yes, it's definitely a well-made fuse box. A hardware kit like that which comes with a Centech box would have been nice, but no problem. The one minor complaint I do have - and it's my bad for not reading the installation guide thoroughly before ordering, is that it's only rated for a maximum 10 amps per output. I can work around that, so it's really not a problem either.

I've decided to mount this panel in the tray directly below the rider seat (right above the ECU). To facilitate easy removal of that tray, I'll be building quick-disconnet harnesses using Molex connectors. I'll post up some pictures when I'm done after this next weekend.

I've decided to mount this panel in the tray directly below the rider seat (right above the ECU). To facilitate easy removal of that tray, I'll be building quick-disconnet harnesses using Molex connectors. I'll post up some pictures when I'm done after this next weekend.
Cool. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Oh, and when you're done, you're certainly welcome to come up to Vancouver and show me how it's done!

New supply is in. Just hit the "Buy Now" button.

Be warned, I may be contacting a couple of you for some hints and help. I'm electrically challenged!