FZ 1 MIRRORS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimLor

Reaction score
Took my first decent ride last night with the mirrors. BLUF - view behind is great! Heck, with my left mirror while riding in the left lane I can see the middle land pretty well and even the far right lane ok. Don't have to lean my head to one side or the other when coming to a stop to see in anyone is hiding behind me on the phone or drinking their extra hot expresso latte soy no caf makiato carmel chocolate mo coffe "like" drink and about to smush me into oblivion. Actually takes some getting used to this being able to see so much. You do have to get used to the extra width of the mirrors. At first I felt like I had to ride in the middle of the lane so I didn't hit cars in the other lanes! Bonus - the mirrors fold up way better than stock.

My humble opinion is that this is a very worthwhile safety farkle. ~$82 + shipping from Gary.

Took my first decent ride last night with the mirrors. BLUF - view behind is great! Heck, with my left mirror while riding in the left lane I can see the middle land pretty well and even the far right lane ok. Don't have to lean my head to one side or the other when coming to a stop to see in anyone is hiding behind me on the phone or drinking their extra hot expresso latte soy no caf makiato carmel chocolate mo coffe "like" drink and about to smush me into oblivion. Actually takes some getting used to this being able to see so much. You do have to get used to the extra width of the mirrors. At first I felt like I had to ride in the middle of the lane so I didn't hit cars in the other lanes! Bonus - the mirrors fold up way better than stock.My humble opinion is that this is a very worthwhile safety farkle. ~$82 + shipping from Gary.
+1 on the mirrors. I put mine on about a year ago. One of the best things I've done on the FJR. I wish I'd bought them from Gary. I paid quite a bit more than that.

GP

I just picked up a set from ebay..not OEM but EMGO..made all the difference!

They were sixty bucks or so shipped.

There has been some reported problems with the emgo. Breakage, vibrations and the mirror adjustment gets loose. just word of mouth from those that have put on the emgo. Not so from the yamaha oem's.

There has been some reported problems with the emgo. Breakage, vibrations and the mirror adjustment gets loose. just word of mouth from those that have put on the emgo. Not so from the yamaha oem's.
Yep! My right mirror was never "solid". Last week I finally pulled it off, removed the rivet and replaced it with a bolt and self-locking nut, as suggested by Toecutter. Now its solid and I'm not worrying about it falling off.

I had OEMs from Gary on the '04. Gotta love bein' able to see behind you.

Don't look in them rear views too long, kids....might get a meal while yer at it.

01-05 FZ-1 mirrors. Very similar to FJR only longer .

Direct bolt on, same base.

Wider view, no more looking at elbows.

No pics. sorry. Do a search its here somewhere.

Stock

Sharp-1.jpg

FZ1

Sharp-2.jpg

If you are a "wide body", the FZ-1 mirrors are a great improvement. No more seeing elbows and having 30%-40% usable mirror face. And no more blind spot behind you.

IIRC, someone posted that the '06 mirrors were "higher" and "widers". They look larger so I was of the persuasion that they were an "leap forward" from the older models.

IIRC, someone posted that the '06 mirrors were "higher" and "widers". They look larger so I was of the persuasion that they were an "leap forward" from the older models.

Yea, 06 mirrors give you some great elbow shots, crystal clear no vibrations. :rolleyes:

It would be nice to find a Spacer to fit under the mirror stalk base, move them up & out bout an inch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, 06 mirrors give you some great elbow shots, crystal clear no vibrations. :rolleyes:

It would be nice to find a Spacer to fit under the mirror stalk base, move them up & out bout an inch.

So are there any mirrors out there that would work for the '06 model?

Armin

331312_lg.gif

I am told these give great rearward vision, a plus being that they are in keeping with the image many have of the 06. Some opinions differ......... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
From the pictures and what I remember from the ALice's unveiling, there are no other Yamaha mirrors that would bolt on. The design of the '06 is specific to the FJR.

Airboss probably hit on the idea. MCL, D Hines, Skyway or somebody will have to design and manufacture a spacer.