FZ Fuzeblock Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RB337

Reaction score
Greetings! Am seriously considering the purchase and installation of the FZ Fuzeblock. Was wondering if anyone can tell me whether (when wired correctly, of course) it is considered an "isolated" power supply, or if I could potentially still have ground loop issues. Any "real-life" experience from those who have it installed would be greatly appreciated. I will be running a Garmin 660, Sena SR10, radar detector, and power to iPhone.

I have attempted to contact the manufacturer a couple times via their contact e-mail over the past couple of days, and have received no reply. Beginning to wonder if they're still in business
unsure.png

It is isolated. Run power from the positive terminal and the negative from the negative battery terminal. No ground loop issues and you have a solid ground you don't have to worry about.

Super easy!

I know lots of people have used the fuseblock. I just want to mention the Eastern Beaver version(CP8) That is what I used in my FJR. I am just about to install the three circuit version in my WR250.(3CS)

He also makes up and handy dandy wiring hook up with relay. Complete with a instructions. Check out the web site

I have a fuze block and use a sr-10 .I had to purchase a ground loop isolator for my radar detector. This has me wondering if I could wire something different.

My FZ1 is powering my Zumo 550 with XM and a Sena SM-10, which streams the XM to my Sena SMH-10 headset. Sena's instructions said to expect ground loop issues, so I bought a ground loop isolator.

The isolator is still in the package in my garage - I have had zero ground loop issues.

Before I had the Sena SM-10 / SMH-10 Bluetooth audio solution, I had a wired Starcom Advance (also in a box in the garage). With the Starcom, which was also powered via my FZ1 along with the Zumo, I did have ground loop issues.