Horn Help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdog

Reaction score
I replaced my handlebars with some regular bars and risers, and now the horn does not function
It appears to have a Denali Air horn, with the compressor under the seat. It looks like the PO tapped into power near the battery (there is a fused link and what appears to be a ground wire headed toward the battery and terminating in a Relay with several wires running toward it. I assume it is a relay for the air horn to use the stock horn switch?? . The actual DEnali horn is located on left side behind lower panels.
I am a horn newby, don't know shit about relay except how to change them, and electrical stuff in general makes me feel kinda stupid.
I tried to find a Denali install page that correlates to this install but no luck.

Hell, I don't even know where the original horn is located and how to understand the wiring diagram. Where was the original horn located and what color wires where attached to it? I have Mini sound bomb laying around I would gladly swap in there to make things simple. I don't want to be taking those panels off more than once for this fix

So, before I take off all the panels I would love a little tutorial or advice on steps to take to see how to diagnose this issue.
The one thing I did was take the handlebar switch apart to see if there is power to the two wires controled by the switch: NO POWER There

No suggestion is to simple or novice for me in this area. Thanks in advance