FZ1 Mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rummy

Reaction score
I have been wanting to do this upgrade on my 08' for sometime now, just did not want to spend the money. I found these on ebay. Description says Factory Yamaha FZ1 Mirrors, price was great. Hope they are the real deal, they look like it. Any insight ? Do they look like OEM FZ1 mirrors ? I hope so because I bought them.

Clicky

Rummy

I just don't want some cheap knock-off's or Emgo Mirrors... I want the real FZ1 factory mirrors.

I am an FZ1 owner and they look like they are FZ1 mirrors. Of course I can't tell from the picture if they are some kinda knockoff brand. I have a co-worker that is an FJR owner that says my mirrors on his bike is a good mod.

Funny since they kinda suck on the bike they were built for.

I have been wanting to do this upgrade on my 08' for sometime now, just did not want to spend the money. I found these on ebay. Description says Factory Yamaha FZ1 Mirrors, price was great. Hope they are the real deal, they look like it. Any insight ? Do they look like OEM FZ1 mirrors ? I hope so because I bought them.
edited: https://good-times.webshots.com/album/568680127RXsBfE

Rummy
I just did this to my 06, fits the same on your 08. The mirrors require some adapting to fit the GenII FJR so it looks nice. The stud spacing is the same, but there is a boss at the base of the studs that prevents a nice fit. See my photos of the details of how I did this at: https://good-times.webshots.com/photo...74429610JeRail

By the way, this is a GREAT mod. You can actually see behind you now instead of a close study of your elbows. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
They look real to me and I hope you're the one who scored 'em for that price! That's a great deal....for the REAL ones. As you probably know, there's not a lot of good press around here on the cheaper knock-offs.

Excellent mod for anyone who doesn't like looking at their stock FJR mirrors and seeing mostly elbow :blink:

To answer the question about being the "real" ones. They are NOT the OEM Yammie mirrors :( , they are knockoffs, but the price is right and they work good :) . These are exactly the mirrors I bought. The "folding" knuckle" is not as slick working as the OEM mirrors, but these cost so little, just buy and extra set if you break it or scratch it. They look good, even close up, but you ned to do the mod that I did to make the installation look good on your GenII bike. I put them on first (my right one was broken off by some jerk in a parking lot) just as I got them and the bosses on the studs just did not work out right. With the spacers shown on my link, the look good and work good and no permanent mods to the bike.

Ed

To answer the question about being the "real" ones. They are NOT the OEM Yammie mirrors :( , they are knockoffs, but the price is right and they work good :) . These are exactly the mirrors I bought. The "folding" knuckle" is not as slick working as the OEM mirrors, but these cost so little, just buy and extra set if you break it or scratch it. They look good, even close up, but you ned to do the mod that I did to make the installation look good on your GenII bike. I put them on first (my right one was broken off by some jerk in a parking lot) just as I got them and the bosses on the studs just did not work out right. With the spacers shown on my link, the look good and work good and no permanent mods to the bike.Ed
Motorcycle-ed,

Your picture link did not work...

The consensus is they are the Factory OEM Yamaha Mirrors. Just because I got them off of ebay for $24.99 doesn't mean that they are knock-off's. The description and the appearance indicate they look like original factory mirrors, just used.

I just did this to my 06, fits the same on your 08. The mirrors require some adapting to fit the GenII FJR so it looks nice. The stud spacing is the same, but there is a boss at the base of the studs that prevents a nice fit. See my photos of the details of how I did this at:

https://good-times.webshots.com/album/568680127RXsBfE

By the way, this is a GREAT mod. You can actually see behind you now instead of a close study of your elbows.

NOTE I EDITED MY ORIGINAL POST SO THE LINK TO MY ALBUM WORKS. SORRY I DID NOT CHECK IT AFTER I POSTED. The link above is correct :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
My pair of FZ1 mirrors arrived today. Excellent condition, like new, perfect. The good news is they are marked with a "Toyo" marking. Indicating that they are truly stock Yamaha OEM FZ1 mirrors (I found that fact out by researching this forum). I can't believe I got these for $24.99 for the pair. After looking at the sellers other ebay stuff, it was apparent he was parting out an FZ1 and I was at the right place at the right time. I love "BUY IT NOW" :yahoo: