FZ1 mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jer

Reaction score
I got the right mirror installed, and while doing so I tried to move the mirror for up, down, in, and out adjustments. Couldn't move the mirror.

Before I get the old try the search I will tell you I have spend hours searching or I wouldn't be making this post.

I didn't worry about the gap because I found the rubber boot can be moved down closer to the plastic so the gap doesn't show.

Thanks for any replies.

Seems like you need a '05 FZ mirror for your '07. Is that the one you have? :huh:

the mirror mounts on a ball at the end of the stem mount

they are quite stiff at first...grab the mirror and push pull with some decent force

they are very durable and it will comfortably loosen up a bit over time

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like you need a '05 FZ mirror for your '07. Is that the one you have? :huh:
Before installing the mirrors I tried to move them and was unable to do so, I thought they would break before moving. There are a couple of holes in the bottom the mirrors and I thought maybe you have to loosen some screws to get the mirrors adjusted. After I got them installed I was able to put a little more muscle to them and found the mirrors do move left and right and up and down. They are just very tight as they should be.

I would like to offically apologise to my fellow forum members for being stupid.

Monty, I do have the correct mirrors. As stated above, I am just stupid sometimes.

the mirror mounts on a ball at the end of the stem mount

they are quite stiff at first...grab the mirror and push pull with some decent force

they are very durable and it will comfortably loosen up a bit over time
Thanks a lot Patriot. I wrote my reply before reading yours.

Jer, you are one of the fartest smellers I've ever met.

You are comfortably retired, ride like the wind, have time on your side -

..but you do need to remember the 10% rule! :yahoo:

I got the right mirror installed, and while doing so I tried to move the mirror for up, down, in, and out adjustments. Couldn't move the mirror.

Before I get the old try the search I will tell you I have spend hours searching or I wouldn't be making this post.

I didn't worry about the gap because I found the rubber boot can be moved down closer to the plastic so the gap doesn't show.

Thanks for any replies.
As noted previously, you're not alone.

I was really worried and was about to go for a can of WD-40 when I thought "what the hell" and put a little more force behind a push. They're not easy to move while riding, but I have them where I need them.

I would like to offically apologise to my fellow forum members for being stupid.

Monty, I do have the correct mirrors. As stated above, I am just stupid sometimes.
Seriously, the ONLY stupid question is the one not asked :rolleyes:

there's only friendly jabbing here plus the forum wouldn't stay alive with thinskinned posters :p

:)

Jer, you are one of the fartest smellers I've ever met.

You are comfortably retired, ride like the wind, have time on your side -

..but you do need to remember the 10% rule! :yahoo:
Oh, I remember, but I gave up tithing when I left the church so that rule doesn't apply to me anymore.

I had to ride to North Portland this morning for a doctor visit. I have recently completed the installation of FZ1 mirrors and cutting three inches off of my Rifle windshield. With these mirrors I now have rear vision almost as good as my forward vision. I cannot see any shoulders or elbows in the mirrors and can see everything directly behind me. I am so thankful that I didn't pay attention to the naysayers(Sacremento Mike.)

As far as the windshield I cut it down for more cooling in the coming warmer weather. It rained most of the 100 mile trip, but it was warm rain.