G2 report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cdogman

Bad Boy
Reaction score
I installed the G2 a couple of weeks ago on my 06 AE and told some people I would tell them what I thought about it.

It was pretty easy once I figured out how to do it.

First impression was very luke warm out of the gate. I was expecting too much perhaps. I wanted to better be able to transition from off throttle to the barely on position. I have chosen that as my “thing” to work on for a bit.

Having said that.

It did make a difference in the throttle resolution allowing me to make finer input adjustments below WOT. The transition was improved a noticeable amount but not a cure to the level that I am looking for a cure. Even the slightest crack of the throttle makes my bike unsettle by a small amount.

There were three good things that happened that were totally unexpected but make sense in retrospect. I have done the Jumper Mod and the throttle spring mod.

1. With the G2 and the increased resolution I have even less spring tension in the modified part of the twist. It is very comfortable.

2. Leaving a light, especially with my pillion on I can modulate a very smooth strong pull that is not startling to my pillion. She enjoys to ZOOM away but this gives her time lean into it and be ready. I did not even know it was an issue until it was improved.

3. I have found shifting on the AE is mastered best by a slight twitch of the throttle wrist when pulling the “Trigger” to up shift or down shift. With the improved fine control the G2 allows me to play with I can cause the bike to feel comfy and the AE shifts as fast as I could possibly do it manually. I think the AE is pretty smooth, not perfect, but smooth, and this has made it better yet

The G2 is well made.

If I had known what I know now I would do it again. For 60 bucks or so the other gains are well worth it.

I will be adding a PCIII later to work with the G2

Anyway, That is my feedback

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you elaborate on the jumper mod and the throttle spring mod? I have been eyeing the G2 and I'm glad to hear that you are pleased. How long did it take you to install?

Check out the information Here for the jumper mod. Do a search in the forum for Barbarian Jumper and you'll find some good information. The throttle spring mod I believe Cdog is referring, is to unwind the main return spring one turn to lighten the pull. You can also search for that.

I've performed the jumper mod on my '06 and liked the results.

--G