Galaxy Blue paint question?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrtx

Reaction score
Recently purchased a Fastbag for my 05 FJR want to paint it to match the bike. Found the Dupli-Color paint color TY 01612 Stellar Blue, I called Dupli-Color and they told me it is not Metallic. But the real problem is they tell me it only comes in the touch paint not in the 5 oz. or 11 oz. spray can. I found an auto parts store that has a Omni paint station that can fill aerosol cans but gets pricey don't want to spend the money if the paint is not metal flake like the rest of the bike. I know lots of people have painted items can you give me some advice? Does anyone have the color-rite code for Galaxy Blue, have not been able to find it using the search function. Thanks.

When I scratched the side cover on my '04, I went to my local automotive paint store and left a side case for them to match.

I'd imagine that since so many have had great luck with the Toyota Stellar Blue, the fastbag would be so close you wouldn't notice.

But, that's IMHO, YMMV.

Recently purchased a Fastbag for my 05 FJR want to paint it to match the bike. Found the Dupli-Color paint color TY 01612 Stellar Blue, I called Dupli-Color and they told me it is not Metallic. But the real problem is they tell me it only comes in the touch paint not in the 5 oz. or 11 oz. spray can. I found an auto parts store that has a Omni paint station that can fill aerosol cans but gets pricey don't want to spend the money if the paint is not metal flake like the rest of the bike. I know lots of people have painted items can you give me some advice? Does anyone have the color-rite code for Galaxy Blue, have not been able to find it using the search function. Thanks.
Go here:

https://www.colorrite.com/CRPLfactoryColors...&imageField.y=5

Hey Skooter,

Thanks for taking care of that for me, felt like a fool when I saw it. But shouldn't I get some post credit, that was 3 post.

Lotecredneck that just what I was looking for. Big Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Skooter,
Thanks for taking care of that for me, felt like a fool when I saw it. But shouldn't I get some post credit, that was 3 post.
Don't even go there!

Or you might end up with an avatar you really don't want! :haha:

fjrtx,

If you couldn't find the info. you needed on the color rite web sight, here is the color # for your bike. Yamaha MA 5252865 Deep purplish blue met. L

I bought a Givi topcase and ordered a spray can from them and painted it myself. I think an 11oz. spray can and a can of clear from them was about $70.00.I know that is highway robbery but this is the paint Yamaha recommends and it is a perfect match for the Galaxy Blue. I had a bad expierence one time trying to match paint for my BMW so instead of taking a chance on messing this up, I went ahead and bought a can of the Color Rite. I priced a quart and was going to do it that way but a quart was more outrageous than the spray can. If the bike ever gets scratched severly the insurance would probably total the bike to keep from having to paint it!

the Toyota color matches perfectly ,, please do not ask how I know ,,trust me ,, it is what you want !!

if you use the searh button you will find many posts about the variences of Dupli Color ,,

I had a local auto paint shop mix mine for me ,, and used an aerosal spray unit !!