Galfer Wave Rotor Questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frenchy750

Reaction score
Anybody have 'em?

Do they work with the Gen II ABS system?

Are they worth the (admittedly high) price?

Hey Frenchy, I have them. I love the look but I don't think they work any better than stock. I also put braided metal brake lines on. The lines helped more than the Gaifers. With ABS, those lines are a pain in the butt to install.

I have 'em and like 'em. Gen I ABS though so I cannot answer the second part of your question.

I also was thinking of getting them, I replaced the pads with Galfer HH and they stop great with stock rotors, I had Galfer Wave on my ST1100 and they made a big difference. when I have extra cash laying around I will get a set.

Marcus

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys,

I emailed Galfer, and they responded that both the ABS and non ABS FJR's use the same rotors, even sent me a copy of the microfiche with identical part numbers, so, I assume it'll work. And, I like a company that responds promptly to emails with a human answering!!

Niehart, what braided lines did you use? I suppose if I'm gonna go halfway, I may as well go entirely into debt, even though credit cards aren't the free money they used to be anymore.

Any chance Wave rotor owners could post some pictures for me?

Thanks again, everyone!