Garauld passenger backrest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cometman

Reaction score
Need some opinions on the Garauld passenger backrest. I am looking to buy one and would like to now about comfort for the passenger and if it will push her into me too much. My passenger is well.....big breasted.....and could be a problem if they push me too far forward.....other than that I love em....the breasts I mean. Not sure about the backrest yet.

Thanks for your reply(s).

Mark

2004 FJR

Need some opinions on the Garauld passenger backrest. I am looking to buy one and would like to now about comfort for the passenger and if it will push her into me too much. My passenger is well.....big breasted.....and could be a problem if they push me too far forward.....other than that I love em....the breasts I mean. Not sure about the backrest yet.

Thanks for your reply(s).

Mark

2004 FJR
I cant comment on the Garauld, but my Pirate backrest put my wife a little too far back for her liking. She doesnt like a big space between us, so I drilled/threaded another hole as far back as I could and she said its better. (I still dont think shes 100% happy) My point is, I think the Pirate sets the passenger back far enough for even for "bigger" women.

https://pirateslair.net/YamahaStealth.htm

My wife (not big breasted but nice size) says she's comfortable with ours and she feels safe with it too.

Notice in the picture that I have a Rick Mayer custom seat for her and me, which keeps her from sliding forward. My old Corbin was terrible with keeping her in place. That was the reason for selling it.

rickmayerseat.jpg

If you have more question, just let me know.

Dave

It is a work of art. I got alot of compliments on it when it was on my bike. I sold it to a forum member last year because my wife got her own bike and doesn't ride with me anymore. She liked it alot when I had it and it never pushed her forward.

102_3291.jpg

Money back guarantee if it doesn't work out...
You are such an awesome person! I thought of you right off when taking my first female on a cruise this afternoon in perfect 75 degree weather. She was pushing me forward since there is nothing to grab onto except me (not good). I did get mucho cushioning from her top half though.

Your backrest (used one)is for sale on this forum for my 2004. So, I will look at this one first. Your products are so good that they demand top dollar every time they are sold. By the way, your paint work on my corbin smuggler is top notch. Best thing I every did for my FJR. Always wanted your back rest and rack to compliment the storage and for passenger safety.

Are you presently manufacturing your products?

Mark