Garmin 2610 Mounting Options

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defiant

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for mounting the Garmin 2610 on my 05. RAM mount or other. What do you use?

This is a pretty good mount

ABK02040-0000.jpg

More info on

Clicky

If you combine it with a Touratech GPS holder you have a virtually vibration-free setup.

28865.jpg

This is a pretty good mount
ABK02040-0000.jpg

More info on

Clicky

If you combine it with a Touratech GPS holder you have a virtually vibration-free setup.

28865.jpg
All that bling is just asking to be stolen. Go for the stem mount and a garmin mount, unless security is an issue...then go with the ultra expensive gadgetguy mount, or move to a safe hood.

Last edited by a moderator:
........unless security is an issue...then go with the ultra expensive gadgetguy mount, or move to a safe hood.
The above mentioned "ultra expensive" mount from Sportbike Effects. Seems expensive untill your new GPS is missing from your bike.

cockpit.jpg

gps_mount.jpg

For someone as navigationally-challanged as I am, it's time I thought about GPS. A quick-release mount would suit me better, as I'll need it for three vehicles.

What mount would work with those requirements?

None of the mounts above require more than a few seconds to remove the main unit. Then you'll likely attach it to the bean bag mount in your car/truck/boat. Sometimes I wish it was more difficult, maybe then my 2610 wouldn't be gone every time I wanted to use it. I'm seriously thinking about the 2730 for the music integration. Regardless, do yourself a favor... make sure you talk to James/Rick at AutoNav 2000 when you get serious about purchasing your system.

........unless security is an issue...then go with the ultra expensive gadgetguy mount, or move to a safe hood.
The above mentioned "ultra expensive" mount from Sportbike Effects. Seems expensive untill your new GPS is missing from your bike.
Does anyone know if the Gadgetguy mount is going to work with the 2730? The 2730 is on my "possible before leaving for Reno" list.

Thanks,

Jim

Does anyone know if the Gadgetguy mount is going to work with the 2730? The 2730 is on my "possible before leaving for Reno" list.

Thanks,

Jim
The answer is YES, but I'll explain. The 2730 has to have the XM antenna plugged in to the back of the 2730. The Gadget Guy mount does not have a hole in it for that, but I am getting an early 2730 and it will go directly to Gadget Guy and be modified and allow him to change his production to accomodate the 2730.

So, nothing but good news. If you need any more info, shoot me your phone number in an email and I'll give you a call.

[email protected]

me, too on locking Touratech w/ stemstand. The unit can be located precisely without blocking the view of your lights. The quick disconnect is the best security, too. Have fun.

me, too on locking Touratech w/ stemstand. The unit can be located precisely without blocking the view of your lights. The quick disconnect is the best security, too. Have fun.
I think that there are two types of security that I'd like to have for my prospective uber expensive GPS/MP3/Satradio:

1: Locking mount. So that I can get off the bike to eat lunch or answer nature's call without having to remove it or worry about it. This is also important if I forget to take it off. I currently have a GPSV on a Ram ball mount and I constantly forget about it when going into resturants and that sort of thing.

2: Quick removal. This is where the Gadgetguy type mount comes in handy, when I want to take it into a hotel for overnight storage.

Cheers,

Jim