Garmin 2720 for $349.99 + S&H

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't that one a hard drive jobbie?
No it's not, and that there is a screaming deal for a 2720 IMO. If anyone out there who doesn't own a GPS yet and wants in on a very nice unit for their M/C or auto, had better hop on this deal ASAP. ;)

Isn't that one a hard drive jobbie?
No it's not, and that there is a screaming deal for a 2720 IMO. If anyone out there who doesn't own a GPS yet and wants in on a very nice unit for their M/C or auto, had better hop on this deal ASAP. ;)
Crap. I was afraid it wasn't. I do have two bikes again...

Ya know what? Boats were cheaper than this MC thing.

:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
About to take Syway's advice, I think.

For those who know, what was the model that was recently on sale at Costco that many of you picked up and what is the difference between that model and this one? (You can tell I don't know squat about electronics or GPS.)

For those who know, what was the model that was recently on sale at Costco that many of you picked up and what is the difference between that model and this one? (You can tell I don't know squat about electronics or GPS.)
The other model was the 2730 and IIRC was nowhere near the $350 price tag of the 2720. Differences are built in MP3 player, XM radio, Navteq traffic and weather. Though the 2720 does offer FM TMC traffic alerting if you want it.

The 2720 is mostly an all out GPS for navigation and route planning.

The other model was the 2730 and IIRC was nowhere near the $350 price tag of the 2720. Differences are built in MP3 player, XM radio, Navteq traffic and weather. Though the 2720 does offer FM TMC traffic alerting if you want it.

The 2720 is mostly an all out GPS for navigation and route planning.
Thank you, sir. Having an IPod anyway and not needing those other features, I will be following your advice and buying the 2720 immediately!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Looks like I'll be needing a housing in which to mount it -- one for the FJR and one for hte Blackbird. How tough is it to remove and install on the other bike?

Thank you, sir. Having an IPod anyway and not needing those other features, I will be following your advice and buying the 2720 immediately!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Looks like I'll be needing a housing in which to mount it -- one for the FJR and one for hte Blackbird. How tough is it to remove and install on the other bike?

Tit. Just buy two motorcycle kits. Clicky. Or, as in my case, maybe just two GPS's.

Ya know TWN, you are correct. Just about the time I think I have everything I "have" to have, and sometimes in triplicate, somebody comes along and proves me wrong. On the other hand, You will never see the Grand Canyon, or Arches National Park, or Yellowstone, or... etc..etc, from a boat. True nuff though, Sport Touring ain't for the wallet timid. B)

I recently bought a 2720 and the motorcycle kit. I am very happy with the unit.

If you decide not to buy the MC kit because you have some other idea about how to mount the unit, keep in mind that you will want the MC cable anyway, and that costs almost as much as the kit. The cable comes separately or with the kit. The cable provides a fused hardwire power connection and a female jack for headphones. There is no headphone jack on the unit itself. The auto power cord that comes with the 2720 has a speaker attached to the cigar lighter plug, That works OK in the cage, but won't work on the bike.

Garmin states that the 2730 has been discontinued
You are correct. Garmin will still support it, though. Remember...this is for a 2720, not a 2730. The 2720 has NOT been discontinued.

I'm very happy with the 2730 I got from Costco.