Garmin 2730 and Points of Interest Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
Being new to this GPS thing, am I supposed to be able to load more than one POI file onto the GPS? I loaded the Yamaha Dealer POI file that TCFJR provided which worked out great but I thought that I would also be able to load other files also (i.e.: KOA sites, Walmart, Dunkin Donuts, strip clubs, whatever....) and then be able to pick which file I wanted to run. Am I misguided?? I looked over at GPSPASSION site but couldn't find the answer so I figured I would try here.

The trick to load multiple POI files is pretty simple. The POI uploader can only be pointed to a folder. It then takes whatever POI data is in the files in that folder and overwrites what you had on the garmin. So what you need to do is create a folder. I created one call "Garmin POI" under "My Documents" and put all of the POI files there. The files are usually csv files and some times a bitmap. Once you have all of the POI files in that directory re run the POI importer. You should now see all of the POI's. Hopefully that helps out.

Being new to this GPS thing, am I supposed to be able to load more than one POI file onto the GPS? I loaded the Yamaha Dealer POI file that TCFJR provided which worked out great but I thought that I would also be able to load other files also (i.e.: KOA sites, Walmart, Dunkin Donuts, strip clubs, whatever....) and then be able to pick which file I wanted to run. Am I misguided?? I looked over at GPSPASSION site but couldn't find the answer so I figured I would try here.

Thanks Big, I'll give that a try. For some reason I thought I could download seperate files and then pick them off a menu as I needed them.