Garmin 2730 for $469.99

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
In my never ending search for a GPS unit I ran across COMP-U-PLUS selling the Garmin 2730 for $469.99 with shipping to NY at around $14.00.

EDIT: All you NY guys have to add sales tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my never ending search for a GPS unit I ran across COMP-U-PLUS selling the Garmin 2730 for $469.99 with shipping to NY at around $14.00.
For the differnce of only $15 or so, I would not hesitate to buy from Costco as their return policy is second to none if you don't like it for whatever reason.

Being a cheap skate, I bought the 2720 for $435 (no tax - free shipping) recently. Someone posted this week that you can get the 2730 and sell the XM piece separately and actually end up paying less than what I paid for the 2720. Either way, I am very happy with the Garmin 27xx GPS. My other choice was the 276C, but it was too pricey after you added in the auto/map kit.

IIRC, Compuplus is on the list of shittiest vendors on the planet. Put "garmin 2730 lowest price" into google, they come up in Bizrate, Nextag etc. The cust reviews tend to make one look elsewhere.

For the differnce of only $15 or so, I would not hesitate to buy from Costco as their return policy is second to none if you don't like it for whatever reason.
It's $30 more, but, regardless, I couldn't agree more. Mine's sitting on the workbench awaiting the garmin motorcycle mount kit and audio isolation cable from sportbikeeffects.com

Amazon.com $489.98 w/ free shipping (you may have to sign in to view the page). Or search for it and click on "35 used & new available from $439.00" to find it.

IIRC, Compuplus is on the list of shittiest vendors on the planet. Put "garmin 2730 lowest price" into google, they come up in Bizrate, Nextag etc. The cust reviews tend to make one look elsewhere.
Yeah, I see what you mean Rad.....I did a little searching around and found some fairly scathing reviews of them, mostly by people who bought GPS devices. :blink: And here I thought I had it all figured out. Have it sent to my sister's house in CT and avoid the NYS tax and it was a most excellent deal.

Anyway, I'm just the messenger, not the salesman so let the buyer beware....